Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wondering if this is a good deal on a 2012 Sahara

Old 08-27-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering if this is a good deal on a 2012 Sahara

Was at a local NOVA dealership today and was offered a little under $37,000 for a 2012 Green Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sahara; Leather, dual-top (body colored hard top which I'm not that fond of, navi w/ connectivity group, tow pkg). This was offered to me after explaining that I'm a member of Tread Lightly. They told me this was the invoice price and MSRP was around $40k. Sound right??

They also offered me $29k on a 2011 Green Pearl Unlimited w/ Soft Top only and they'd "leather up" the cloth seats for free. No navi or connectivity group. I'd want to get a hard top after market probably.

After test driving both, the 2012 does have significant pickup compared to the 2011 but I'm wondering if the extra price justifies the difference.

So, after rambling, I guess my question is do you think that deal on the 2012 is actually a "deal". My gut is telling me I think they could go lower. Another interesting thing the dealer mentioned was that the 2011 and 2012s were basically priced the same and that the only difference should be the $1000 rebate on the 2011s (which they did apply to the $29K price). I'm actually leaning towards the 2011 because it seems like such a good deal even though I'd have to buy the hardtop aftermarket.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Neither one of those sound like deals.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with Apostle. I just bought 2011 rubi unlimited for about $36k sticker on it was about $40k. It is loaded except leather. It has navi, dual tops, tow package, and connectivity.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Apostle
Neither one of those sound like deals.
The $37K 2012 isn't seeming like much of a deal, but the 2011 one is. Why don't you think? I'm going to ask to actually see the invoice price. Had to run out of the dealer because the kids were starving for lunch, as was I.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sbouldin
Was at a local NOVA dealership today and was offered a little under $37,000 for a 2012 Green Pearl Wrangler Unlimited Sahara; Leather, dual-top (body colored hard top which I'm not that fond of, navi w/ connectivity group, tow pkg). This was offered to me after explaining that I'm a member of Tread Lightly. They told me this was the invoice price and MSRP was around $40k. Sound right??

They also offered me $29k on a 2011 Green Pearl Unlimited w/ Soft Top only and they'd "leather up" the cloth seats for free. No navi or connectivity group. I'd want to get a hard top after market probably.

After test driving both, the 2012 does have significant pickup compared to the 2011 but I'm wondering if the extra price justifies the difference.

So, after rambling, I guess my question is do you think that deal on the 2012 is actually a "deal". My gut is telling me I think they could go lower. Another interesting thing the dealer mentioned was that the 2011 and 2012s were basically priced the same and that the only difference should be the $1000 rebate on the 2011s (which they did apply to the $29K price). I'm actually leaning towards the 2011 because it seems like such a good deal even though I'd have to buy the hardtop aftermarket.

Thanks.
Tread lightly should be less than invoice. Ask to see the actual invoice and the FFP (Friends and Family Price) is what you should pay with Tread Lightly.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mycoke
Tread lightly should be less than invoice. Ask to see the actual invoice and the FFP (Friends and Family Price) is what you should pay with Tread Lightly.
X2, they will show you the MSRP, if they dont, I would walk since they arnt trying to play nice.

Quick Reply: Wondering if this is a good deal on a 2012 Sahara