Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Working on Soft Top Window storagd solution!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working on Soft Top Window storagd solution!

Just bought a beautiful 2012 Cosmo Blue Wrangler Unlimited and can't wait to get the top off this baby but I currently live in an apartment without access to a Garage and am concerned with safely storing the windows once their off. I am designing something right now but the fiancé has the Jeep right now and I can't get access it to measure the windows. Can anyone provide me with the dimensions for the two rear side windows and the tailgate window? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not get a window roll ... that way they are safe , rolled up , protected in felt , cannot be scratched and can be tossed over your shoulder to carry or strapped to the roll bar.

h t t p://r.abondolo.home.insightbb.com/index_files/page0002.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_111_07.htm

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 05-02-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lyoneltrains
Just bought a beautiful 2012 Cosmo Blue Wrangler Unlimited and can't wait to get the top off this baby but I currently live in an apartment without access to a Garage and am concerned with safely storing the windows once their off. I am designing something right now but the fiancé has the Jeep right now and I can't get access it to measure the windows. Can anyone provide me with the dimensions for the two rear side windows and the tailgate window? I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you!
Side windows ===. 36"x26"
Rear w/ bar ===. 49.5" x 25"
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Why not get a window roll ... that way they are safe , rolled up , protected in felt , cannot be scratched and can be tossed over your shoulder to carry or strapped to the roll bar.

h t t p://r.abondolo.home.insightbb.com/index_files/page0002.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_111_07.htm
I had been searching online for something like but didn't see anything come up. Thanks for the link! Being an artist I was thinking something like a portfolio that is used to store artwork that way they remain flat while being stored but I will go ahead and give this one a try!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I was always apprehensive to roll my windows up....then got lazy and just started doing it. works great
Old 05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lyoneltrains
I had been searching online for something like but didn't see anything come up. Thanks for the link! Being an artist I was thinking something like a portfolio that is used to store artwork that way they remain flat while being stored but I will go ahead and give this one a try!
I am anal about my windows and the reason I liked the roll is it has a felt envelope to keep them seperated while rolled up in the sleeve , can be stored on / off the Jeep and is ALOT easier to deal with.

Before I got one I laid down a towel , back window followed by another towel , then side window , then another towel , then window and yet one last towel. Now in my shed I have 4 huge squeeze clamps screwed to the wall. I do the towel layer thing and simply hang the whole ensable up .. done deal and two years later I am still scratch / fog free.

Quick Reply: Working on Soft Top Window storagd solution!