Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wow !!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow !!

Well, I just showed the wife the pic of the JK unlimited on this site - you know, the green one with the 3" lift and 35s and she said, "Wow, that looks great!" Of course she is a jeep girl (got her the CJ7 [used] for our first wedding anniversary and have never been able to top that - but that's another story). When we vacation we take our RV and tow a jeep, usually the Rubi, and with 2 teenagers there is always a problem with who sits where, who has to slide over who and much more fun stuff. Our Suburban is getting a little long in the tooth and pretty heavy to tow so that 4 door Rubi is looking pretty good. So, please DC, don't offer a diesel engine for it or my life will get very complicated - again.

On a more serious track, I love to go wheeling from scenic to 4s. I've noticed now that a properly lifted LJ can go just about everywhere I go (we do have to drag them off a rock now and then) so my question is, since the new 4dr JK is even longer, is it really just a vehicle for trails 1 thru 3? I have no doubts about traction or stability, just getting high centered. The rubi I have now with the wheel offset and wider tires is wider than the JK so I welcome the wider stance as well. tia
Old 10-05-2006, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only issue people with LJs I wheel with have ever had is on the tight ass midweaster trails we run. All of the people I know run tummy tucks and engine skids, so the hang up on rocks factor is pretty low.

Quick Reply: Wow !!