Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF! Someone stole one of my tail lights

Old 01-18-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. Having had 2 cars stolen and parted out and numerous break ins over the years, I can tell you it could have been much worse. Had someone steal the value stem cap off my spare that I custom built for my tires out of .40 cases, otherwise I have not had any major theft issues with my Jeep.......yet.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea in the end it could have been much worse, body damage, cut soft top, etc. but thanks to this forum i've got 2 pm's out on some available lights so I'll just have to drive my old truck for a few days 85 silverado with 3" lift and 33's MT Baja Claws... and I was always hoping the Jk got better gas mileage now I'm probably 10 city/12 highway with this old thing
Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lady I work with came up with some pretty harsh cancer so we held a benefit for her. I took my guitar, amp and such out to the Jeep after the show and my right tail lamp was gone. It only takes two screws and $114 (including tax) to replace it. I replaced the screws with Robertson headed screws just to make the next asshole work a little harder. You can remove those two screws and taillight and be gone in about a minute.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Red
A similar thing happened to me in a rental at a concert. Tail lights stolen, head lights stolen, antenna stolen, license plates stolen, and muffler stolen. It took a bit of explaining when I returned it; good thing I paid the extra $20 for the full coverage when I rented it.

It sucks when people steal stuff.
So what you're saying is if we need a bunch of new parts to replace our broken ones, go rent one and pay for the insurance then part it out.......all for around $50-60 total for a day's rental....BRILLIANT!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

All the crap out there that one can steal, and someone decides to steal a taillight? WTF????
Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Red
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
So what you're saying is if we need a bunch of new parts to replace our broken ones, go rent one and pay for the insurance then part it out.......all for around $50-60 total for a day's rental....BRILLIANT!
Hmmm, never thought of it like that, but I think you are onto something. We could probably lower the out of pocket cost with, say a test drive from a dealership...
Old 01-22-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

those fricken things are expensive man...sucks
well at least I don't need to worry about some sucker taking mine, they're already both cracked

Quick Reply: WTF! Someone stole one of my tail lights