Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wtfo?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westbayou
They currently have a BASE X that they are asking $35,000 for. It doesn't even have the power windows.
which dealer is that? that's crazy.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Own sales guy told us that a lift can be warrantied by the dealer if it was installed by a factory autherized jeep tech. so i called my jeep tech friend and told him that he installed a 2.5" TF lift on the new 08 Rubicon we just got on wednesday, and he was like "oh?????? ok !!!!!!, you guys wheelin this one too!!!!!" and i said yah kind of, not as hard as the black Ruby but yes. He loves knowing 2 girls that actually wheel JK Ruby's.

Kat
Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j&k'sjk
which dealer is that? that's crazy.
That's most dealers that sell new Jk's with lifts. I've seen a new Unlimited Rubicon with 37's in Las Vegas sell for 51,000. I about crapped my pants it was on the ready line, going to be picked up by the new owner in a few hours. I wanted to wait around for the new owner so I could sell them some beach front property here in AZ.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a $51,000 Rubicon Unlimited on ebay right now. No shock, ZERO bids so far.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Westbayou
There's a $51,000 Rubicon Unlimited on ebay right now. No shock, ZERO bids so far.
That would be worth the money... if it had a Hemi conversion, long arm lift, 37 inch tires, etc oh.... AND a dealership covering EVERYTHING when it goes wrong.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Don't quote me, but....

I was at a Napletons in Palm Beach, Fl checking out a new JK tricked out by FORTEC. I was ready to trade keys. The salesman said that since I bought my JK at their dealer, and they use FORTEC for their dealer upgrades (plus a heafty charge), if I used FORTEC they would honor warranty without questions.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer is does not carry the warranty.

Chrysler Moters LLC carries the warranty.

Ask Chrysler Moters LLC.

The phone number is in the Warranty book and it's toll free.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

GOOD POINT!! Didn't think of that. What do salesmen know anyhow, they just want your $$$!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Just a FYI, I recently called Chrysler on this exact same issue. I was tired of hearing different reasoning from different dealers and thought that they would give me a straight answer. All they told me was to refer to my warranty book under the modification section. All that says is that, if you change a part, your factory warranty will not cover the aftermarket part. They would not give me an answer on a lift either...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, there you have it! Right there in the manual. Chrysler will not cover after market parts and as such will not cover a warranty whereas an aftermarket part CAUSED a warrantied part to fail. So it is up to Chrysler to prove that the aftermarket part caused the warrantied part to fail.
Some of these dealers are so FOS!!! And especially if you are talking a 2.5 BB. Gimme a break.