Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yahoo.com JK Review

Old 11-06-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yahoo.com JK Review

This is SAD

BOTTOM OF THE BARREL
Still, it's impossible to ignore when a new car simply doesn't perform. Take Chrysler's Jeep Wrangler SUV: While it enjoys a fiercely loyal following of off-road and vintage-loving drivers, it doesn't perform as well as its competitors on federal and private safety tests.
Consumer Reports gave the Wrangler only 17 out of 100 points overall (anything above 70 is considered a "good" score) and criticized its ride, handling, braking, noise, fuel economy, fit and finish, visibility, front-seat comfort and access. The SUV received a less-than-glowing assessment: "We expect reliability to be worse than average, according to our latest subscriber survey," the Yonkers, N.Y.-based agency said.

//autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1562/seven-clunker-cars-to-avoid[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 11-06-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: no clicky
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

A yahoo.com re-write of the Consumer Reports article. Here we go again. Again.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think consumer reports have ever said anything good about a Chrysler product =P

And all the review snobs don't seem to get the point of a Jeep, it's not a Mercedes, or BMW, it's going to be a "little" more "unrefined".
Old 11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

visibility poor? well then again the people writing those reports probably don't know how to use any tools or know how to take care of a vehicle without taking it to the dealership.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope this is just a case of them playing favorites with vehicle manufacturers. If that's the case, Consumer Reports can go pound sand.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um, yeah , whatever, Chrysler would be completely gone if it weren't for the Wrangler, plus look at the resale value. Guess people are a glutten for punishment.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consumer reports is a lot like the BBB. If you dont pay them they will talk trash (or at best ignore you) if you do pay them you can produce crap and launder money for the mafia and they will praise you as a saint and give you a plaque.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Bleh, I'm sick of seeing these reports putting the jk at the bottom of the heap. Who cares what those guys have to say?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In states where the humans don't do more than get in their smart car and take the freeway twenty miles to work roundtrip and never leave the house otherwise to watch all of the reality TV garbage. I need a Jeep to get up to go wheeling, riding, hunting, camping, fishing, away, is all that matters. Yahoo can lick it twice
Old 11-06-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Consumer Reports can't tell apples, from oranges, and I doubt if they could find their own ass using both hands and a mirror.

The Jeep Wrangler (CJ, YJ, TJ & JK) is the original utility vehicle, and the station wagon was the original family vehicle. Somewhere they decide to make 4WD station wagons and call them SUVs, but that doesn't mean the Consumer Reports has the right to compare Jeep Wranglers to SUVs. Jeep makes SUVs, they are called Grand Cherokees, Patriots, Compass and so on. Let them compare those vehicles to the other SUVs and leave the Wranglers in their own class.

If I wanted a smooth ride and leather seats with electric ass wipe, then I would have bought a freakin Escalade!!

Off my soap box now.

Quick Reply: Yahoo.com JK Review