Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yeah, Banned from WAL Website

Old 04-26-2016, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now it makes sense why they don't support Northridge 4x4. I drank a little cool aid over there and bought some EVO rock sliders, but from Northridge because I like them. I'm still waiting to paint and install 'em. They scared me enough to convince me to return my new teraflex tire carrier- but in the end I'm glad I got my ace bumper/carrier instead. I wonder why they hate terraflex so much? When I asked my local off-road fab shop- they said they only install teraflex and evo long arm kits, but in his opinion, the teraflex was better made. No idea personally as I haven't compared both in person. They love to show pictures of broken stuff from other companies though.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zimm17
So now it makes sense why they don't support Northridge 4x4. I drank a little cool aid over there and bought some EVO rock sliders, but from Northridge because I like them. I'm still waiting to paint and install 'em. They scared me enough to convince me to return my new teraflex tire carrier- but in the end I'm glad I got my ace bumper/carrier instead. I wonder why they hate terraflex so much? When I asked my local off-road fab shop- they said they only install teraflex and evo long arm kits, but in his opinion, the teraflex was better made. No idea personally as I haven't compared both in person. They love to show pictures of broken stuff from other companies though.
TF's first gen carrier had some issues. They also like showing the pic of a old style TF track bar. I have not seen a new one break.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=zimm17;4211143]So now it makes sense why they don't support Northridge 4x4. QUOTE]

It's because NR was hired to film a large offroad event (won't mention names) and Eddie thinks they stole, or copied, his filming format (the way music is introduced into films, brief interviews, certain camera angles, blah blah blah). Eddie always had filmed this event in the past. I guess he got (and I'm going to use their favorite word over there) BUTTHURT over the whole ordeal. That is the main reason why they don't support the best vender for JK parts, Northridge 4x4.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I think I came in at the end of his reign. I can remember when you could not mention synergy or poly. But I cannot remember that ban hammer flying all the time. Then one day, I noticed you could say anything you want about any product. so I guess that's when it was bought out.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't believe the A-hole gets as much mention as he does. I joined this site soon after getting my JK in 2012 and I think I listed something for sale with less than 50 posts and e dude crawled my ass within minutes about forum rules and whatever. So I ditched this site until one day I came back because the for sale section has always been decent and realized the air seemed a little different.

Like I said I can't believe the guy gets mention as arrogant and condescending as he is. There is a thread on JKO that is totally about the tales of Eddie dealings and bannings. I have wondered if the guy actually speaks to people in person as he does when he is a keyboard crawler. In my opinion, the guy does a disservice to his sponsors/advertisers. I would not buy any the guy pushes because he is such an ass about it. On the rare occasion I see a "Waystalife" sticker on a Jeep it makes me feel the same as when I see a moron win a Bernie or Hillary sticker, Sheeples!
Old 04-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Da20captain
In my opinion, the guy does a disservice to his sponsors/advertisers. I would not buy any the guy pushes because he is such an ass about it.
I've been on this site since 2010. Your opinion aligns with my take away when he was running JK-Forums. I really didn't want to purchase any products from a sponsor on this site because I felt like the vendors must be pushing him to moderate in this type of manner, and I disliked his type of moderation. I felt like I was constantly walking on eggshells with my posts frequently being edited and IM's in my inbox reminding me to not post links to non sponsors and outside source information. Therefore, I felt the vendors must be endorsing and encouraging this type of moderation, and therefore, I don't want to support the vendors by purchasing any of their products.

So it really does have a negative impact on the sponsors. I read a couple tutorials on WAL when I was changing my diffy covers and thought about joining, but now that I realize who is running the site, I don't even want to sign up because I already know that just means I'm inviting the constant annoyance of someone looking over my shoulder with the annoying shoulder tapping if I say something they don't like.

Heck, I may go buy more products from North Ridge 4x4 now that I know he doesn't like them.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Canvas
my favorite The Emperors New Forum
Sorry im late but this literally made me bust out laughing.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Pretty sure NR picked up business after the divorce .. At least thats what im seeing.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Pretty sure NR picked up business after the divorce .. At least thats what im seeing.
I have alot of respect for mel @ evo but would never buy an evo product due to the wayalife chaos. If they did sever ties a tad id support or recommend evo in some scenarios at, least
Old 04-27-2016, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
I have alot of respect for mel @ evo but would never buy an evo product due to the wayalife chaos. If they did sever ties a tad id support or recommend evo in some scenarios at, least
Your reasoning makes no sense at all.... not supporting someone you like and respect because of someone you don't like or respect!!! I'm sure wayalife is crying in his soup. Who are you really hurting here???? The guy you like and respect!!!! My 2 cents

Last edited by robsjeep9; 04-27-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Yeah, Banned from WAL Website