Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yep, I regret it!!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Yep, I regret it!!!!

So before I got my JK I asked this question and got ton of responses.
Well I did not listen to those who said to get both tops and only got the hard top.
Now that we are finally going to have a worm dry week here in NE ohio I want to take the top off! Problem is I leave for work early when it’s still 40-50is and have a far commute so not practical to leave my top at home!! Mother f*er why didn’t I get both tops!
I had the JK since early March and have been looking for a used soft top in my area but no-one is selling one for the 10-11JK :(

FML!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol I made the same mistake .... I litterally stopped other jeepers and asked if they used and were willing to sell their soft top.,,, finally got lucky 1 yr old top lightly used ... I picked up $500. A new one at dealership was $1200 in Canada.... Good luck.... You'll love the soft top.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try looking into the bestop trektop, i believe its cheaper than the stock soft top and there is no bow installation required. it simply fits onto the jeep. here's what mine looks like

Old 05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is a Jk 4 dr
Old 05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mikegp
Try looking into the bestop trektop, i believe its cheaper than the stock soft top and there is no bow installation required. it simply fits onto the jeep. here's what mine looks like
They have a new version that everyone is waiting on so that’s why I did not pull the trigger on Trektop. I do love it. Hope they release the new one soon! I need a soft top!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ludski
:rotfl mao2: just died laughing reading this.

if its like 50 in the morning here. i take soft top down. cause i know its gonna be like 60-70 later.
How long is your commute? Mine is 32 miles one way with mostly freeway
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am sad you have regrets but it makes me happy about my decision. I also chose but I chose soft only and winter in MN was fine and summer is great. As of right now I do not regret only soft! Interesting question for others though: Are people who have only one top happy and which top?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear you didn't get both tops. I bought my jeep in January. The dealer talked me into the dual tops. ...Yep, glad I did. Took the hard top off last week. Been driving around today with the soft top down.

Passed a Jeep loaded with people. Their top was down. All of 'em raised both arms in the air and waved as we passed.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I drove through a 2-hour rainstorm in about 40 degree weather on the highway with just the front panels and the doors on (not intentionally) - and it actually wasn't too terribly bad. Just keep your doors on and windows up for the drive in the morning, then you can take the tops off for the drive home!

I also picked up a Spiderwebshade for those days where I do take the entire top off and leave it at home. (like today, for example )

P.S. If you DO decide to do this - make sure you put those rear flip-down tabs down on the freedom panels.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by speed2005
the top off! Problem is I leave for work early when it’s still 40-50is and have a far commute so not practical to leave my top at home!!
FML!
Jeeze......If I had 40-50s when I left for work I'd have the top down all the time. Unfortunately when it's clear out up here in the summer, we still are around freezing in the sink hole where I live. Last summer I didn't take the top down at all. If it wasn't raining it was too cold. Terrible ain't it...??? Wish me luck this summer...

Quick Reply: Yep, I regret it!!!!