Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Your opinion on my MILD suspension build.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion on my MILD suspension build.

Since I'm getting 33's installed tomorrow, I'm looking at minor lifts. I've searched and searched and researched on here day after day and have come to this conclusion of parts:

Currie RockJock Front Track Bar Relocation Kit (weld in)
Currie RockJock Rear Track Bar Relocation Kit (weld in)
Full Traction Adjustable Front Track Bar
Full Traction Adjustable Rear Track Bar
TeraFlex 2.5" BB w/ shock adapters (soon to upgrade to better/longer shocks)
Skyjacker 3/4" Front Spacers (to yield 3.25" and be level/correct factory rake)
JKS Quicker Adjustable Swaybar Disconnects

What do you guys think? When it's all said and done, it'll EASILY clear 33's with no rubbing on turns nor articulated. Plus, stronger welded in supports for the track bar brackets (which we all see have failed NUMEROUS times). And, could go even higher with the adj. track bars and adj. swaybar links if I ever want to.

Anything you'd edit or add?

Your opinions greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Suffolk JK; 02-20-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Advice

A little at a time. I wouldn't weld anything in quite yet. Try out the track bars first they normally fix most steering issues not all but most. With track bars you wouldn't need the relocation brackets. I think you can run 33's on the stock suspension. Most peolpe say you don't need trackbars with the Tera Flex 2.5 I researched for months before i got mine stuff. Check out the "write ups", and search more threads that helped me a lot. Lots of great advice on here already, you just got to dig a little.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up He's right

Originally Posted by JUICE 13
A little at a time. I wouldn't weld anything in quite yet. Try out the track bars first they normally fix most steering issues not all but most. With track bars you wouldn't need the relocation brackets. I think you can run 33's on the stock suspension. Most peolpe say you don't need trackbars with the Tera Flex 2.5 I researched for months before i got mine stuff. Check out the "write ups", and search more threads that helped me a lot. Lots of great advice on here already, you just got to dig a little.
You don't need track bar drop brackets and new track bars. Just get the FT track bars and you will be good to go up to 3.5".
Old 02-20-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

But a bunch of people have torn off their track bar FACTORY brackets with a minimal BB and some even while driving normally down the road. Don't want that to happen to me...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the brackets that have broken were the result of the axle mounted relocation brackets, I don't think anyone has had a failure with the track bars mounted in the stock location. maybe someone else might have a little more info.

Whelerbob
Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Any other info? No one else wants to chime in?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

I don't think track bars will be much of a problem with only 2.5 inches, but I could be wrong there.

Are you going to be wheeling?

I am a fan of springs rather than spacers, unless you plan on not doing any wheeling at all. I have had both and much prefer springs.

Since your going all out, why not go to a 4 inch set up. I have 3 inch Black Diamond springs that gave me a measured 4 inches of lift. Track bar adjusters, etc and off I go. Looks awesome and performs awesome, and the ride is fantastic wir Rahcno shocks.

New springs are not that much more. I bought all my stuff seperate. No kits. Around $500 for the whole thing. 10,000 miles now and very happy.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Question Which Rancho shocks?

Originally Posted by dpoelstra
I don't think track bars will be much of a problem with only 2.5 inches, but I could be wrong there.

Are you going to be wheeling?

I am a fan of springs rather than spacers, unless you plan on not doing any wheeling at all. I have had both and much prefer springs.

Since your going all out, why not go to a 4 inch set up. I have 3 inch Black Diamond springs that gave me a measured 4 inches of lift. Track bar adjusters, etc and off I go. Looks awesome and performs awesome, and the ride is fantastic wir Rahcno shocks.

New springs are not that much more. I bought all my stuff seperate. No kits. Around $500 for the whole thing. 10,000 miles now and very happy.

Which Rancho shocks are you using with your BD 3'' lift??
Did you get the flex control arms too?
Have you had any OEM drive shaft problems??
I want to run 285 70 17 KM2's ( 33 inches )
Got any more pic of your rig?????
Thanks ! BWR

Last edited by Bluewaterrider; 02-21-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Definitely going to be wheeling. Not only a street vehicle. Won't be lifting it if I wasn't going to wheel it.

The MAIN reason I didn't want to exceed 3" was for the sole fact that I read about a lot of driveline issues and driveshafts failing because of the 3"+ lifts. Didn't want to go "all out" and do a 3"+, new driveshafts, etc.etc.etc.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

For that much lift get the track bars but not the brackets. If you were going with more lift then I would recommend getting Curries brackets to go along with the track bars. Currie makes great stuff for sure and I can tell you their brackets are very beefy!

Quick Reply: Your opinion on my MILD suspension build.