Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Christened today

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Christened today

Well, I am a newb.. and as a 4 door jeep owner wanted to show that just because we are bigger, does not mean we equally capable .. I am no parking lot wheeler, no walmart cruiser, no grocery getter! lol

More pics and videos to come when my buddy posts them, I didnt take any until the very ending of our adventure when his batteries in his camera died... but you get the point..

He insults jeeps... and has numerous jeep recovery stickers... yet he was the one who got stuck on exit... and backed out of the lake while i plowed through it.

I was very please with how a stock jeep will perform under the circumstances she went through... over the running boards in muddy clay, and i barely felt the tires slip, I bottomed out a lot, and suspension travel obviously needs improvement... but for a stock rig... she held out very well, these things are great right out of the box.. This was my first time EVER off roading in any vehicle.. and it definitely wont be the last

VIDEOS

Last edited by drpdndshvd; 10-18-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great way to break in the new rig
Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to show up that Blazer. He had to back out because ummmm.... he's not a Jeep!!! I love to have him try and follow me on a trail. I'd be winching him out within the first few minutes

If you want a little more suspension travel, disconnect you front swaybar. But you're right, they are great right out of the box
Old 10-19-2010, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

Ya i did think of disconnecting the sway bar but i honestly didnt think this place would be as good as it was... so I didnt bring tools.. he did pretty good considering hes stock with bigger tires and skid plates, virtually the same as me... except one important thing... hes not a jeep LOL
Old 10-19-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like fun. They say that if you are going off roading you are supposed to take off the running boards, and if you are going to play in water alot I would consider a snorkle.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Red Wings
Looks like fun. They say that if you are going off roading you are supposed to take off the running boards, and if you are going to play in water alot I would consider a snorkle.
Good advise...

we went through the puddes slow a few times to make sure it didnt get anywhere near our intakes, I didnt knwo about the running boards... makes sense tho, I had no idea what the course entailed, but i will for next time lol
Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by drpdndshvd
I didnt knwo about the running boards... makes sense tho, I had no idea what the course entailed, but i will for next time lol
Running boards + Rocks = broken running boards. What you showed only flexes them a little. This first time I went out, I put a nice big drain hole in the side of my boards. The boards lasted for quite a while. They are now gone (due to rocks), and now I have Rubi rails.

That looked like a good mud puddle to play in.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like fun, got to start on some mods now
Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

It wont take long I am sure... every vehicle I have ever owned has ended up heavily moded... Civic( repaint, lowered stereo, 17's SIR front end swap) Grand prix ( 18s lowered, special edition swaps stereo etc) were daily drivers that got more then some guys show vehicles up here.. and my fullsize truck is bagged body dropped on 20s, with shaved everything and a caddy front end swap..

So its only a matter of time for the jeep.. so far, Tinted the windows, swapped to a shorty antenna, got the mopar door sill kit, ordered the mountain spare tire cover from the US since it wasnt offered up here.. a mopar 2 way remote start ( still have to install) a storage box for the summer soft top fun and the hood deflector... next on the list is to tint the tails, markers turns etc and a lift kit..
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

The guy with "hybrid" on his blazer gives you a hard time?? Glad you schooled him by not getting stuck.

Quick Reply: 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Christened today