Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Anviljk Adventure - Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area; PA

Old 06-07-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anviljk Adventure - Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area; PA

Got a text from my buddy late Saturday night saying they were heading to Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA) the next day and asked if I wanted to join. Of course I said yes. This is a newer offroad park towards Shamokin, PA and I believe just opened up this year to the public without guided tours. If anyone is familiar with Treverton, it's around the same area. Cost was $30 for a day pass, link to more information can be found here.

"As long as you can fit, you can go down it"
is what the lady at the desk said when asking what trails were specifically for ATV and Jeeps. That seamed to be the famous words for the day. I wish I could tell you what trails we went down or where we were, but I can't. The reason for that is although they provided a "map", nothing was really marked the further you got back. The map didn't really tell you what difficulty the trails were. For example, I had no idea if trail "751" was green, blue, black, or red. This was an issue towards the end of the day when we were lost at 4 PM and needed to be out at 4:30 PM. There were two set of signs; one was for ATV and then there were wooden signs that had a Jeep logo and the difficulty. We did green, blue, and black ATV trails and blue Jeep trails.

Onto the pics. Just a note they are all out of order and can't really tell you what trails they were on.

This was considered their blue Jeep trail. We went up and down it. Didn't have any issues.

Same trail looking down.

These were some of the more difficult trails.

Our lunch/mid day break spot of the day.

The trails were super tight and I cut it a little too close to that tree you see on your right and bent in the rear fender flair and took some of the paint off the hard top.

Bumps and bruises.

Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9HZQ8qLb68 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPcmDukzjo
Old 06-07-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like a great place
Old 06-07-2015, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Looks like a great place
It was alright. Honestly, I wouldn't choose it over Rausch simply because the trails are not marked and navigation is confusing. I't be a fun place to take my quad, in fact the majority of the trails we went down were quad trails, but won't be my first choice. Each trail led to either an pretty difficult trail or a extremely difficult trail with no bypasses. I'm not sure this was because the lack of navigation or us just not paying attention. Defiantly pushed my comfort zone and what the Jeep was capable of. I think next time if we go back would be with 35in tires and a winch at the minimum, then it would have potential.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Wow... just wow!.... that is some amazing scenery.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Yeah I'm gonna have to check this out. Same distance from me as Rausch
Old 03-25-2019, 02:01 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

LOL @ jedg being the one to dig up 4yo threads.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Usually I catch the dates! Not today, I fell for it. Since it's just the 4 or 5 of us on here, I guess we have to resort to some digging to keep things interesting..

Quick Reply: Anviljk Adventure - Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area; PA