Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Centralia, PA

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to the concerns about illegal wheeling there... i ran into numerous people on the trails that say the same things that Brian said... If there is a gate or a large pile of dirt, that means stay out. If you respect the land, dont litter and dont tear it all up, then you are ok. IF someone asks you to leave, then leave.

I came across lots of people that day, on 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, jeeps and other ORV's.

Anywhere there was a "No trespassing" sign, we turned around. I went only places that others were going.

Sorry if I made some people mad, if the mods want to take it down, so be it.....
Old 08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
I've heard about that place. Its on my list of ghost towns to visit in PA. Casparis was the first one that got me started. Its another abandoned mine town. i'll have to check this place out sometime soon.
Yeah, you should come up some time. Its not as cool as it used to be when people really started moving out and there were lots of empty houses. I also remember more smoke years ago. Now its fairly empty and quiet. I might go through there once a month or so, but I havent really explored around there in years.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a bunch of centralia pics on LJ a few years ago, and it's stayed in the back of my mind as a place I wanna check out in person. I didn't imagine there'd be a place to wheel around there.. now my interest is double piqued.

----------------
Now playing: Jerry Cantrell - Gone
via FoxyTunes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

just like Silent Hill!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by glick
If it's "technically Illegal" then it is illegal.

I didn't think that this site was in favor of promoting illegal wheeling, it's activities like that that jeopardize the future of the activity for those of us who do abide by the law.

waaaaaaa JK!

But seriously, they do know the lay of the land. A lot of privately owned land around here is still open for wheeling also. You just have to make sure you are in the clear. When they don't like 4x4s, they will block off the access roads with chains, logs, gates...whatever, and also no trespassing signs. When there is no posted signs and no gates, it is understood it is passable.

its the same with snowmobile trails, they are all over private land, but the snowmobile clubs have agreements with land owners
Old 08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SCJK08
just like Silent Hill!!!
and it is just like silent hill!!! exact! ahhhhhhhhh

Quick Reply: Centralia, PA