Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Consumer Beware!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consumer Beware!

If you pulled into a shop and told them you need 1 tiny dent fixed, the rear bumper replaced and the rear shocks replaced and that the cost was not an issue..... and they told you it would take 25 days or more... you would LOL your butt out the door to a different shop... right?

Long story as short as possible: i got rear ended. Have great insurance and up to $3500 extra coverage for custom and after market parts. Mopar tube bumper was damaged. Insurance approved upgrading to Mopar HD offroad bumper. I gave the shop the part # for bumper, 7 days before the scheduled drop off so they could order and have it ready to install. I rolled in on the drop off day and they had no clue and no bumper

I told the shop to replace my Skyjacker shocks with Bilstiens. Shop called me the day after i dropped it off and said " they dont make shocks for your jeep" really?? Good thing it was just a voicemail, i would of laughed at him! The sign on your building says "jeep superstore" !

I have rental coverage, dealership gave me a brand new dodge caliber. After 13 days, shop calls and says the bumper is on national back order until february. I call quadratec, thay have 11 of them on the shelf. I tell shop to cancel order, order from quadratec and i will even pay the shipping costs. No can do. Cant cancel, its a special order. Really? Its not on a truck being shipping and how is it a special order if quadratec has 11 of them?!

The wife had a hissy fit the next day and convinced them to cancel and order from quadratec and eat the cost of the loaner car beyond the 28th. So here it is, the 29th and still not done. It will be Dec 31 at the earliest at 25 days to fix a small dent, replace a bumper (4 bolts) and 2 shocks (4 bolts)

I will never set foot in this dealership again. I will drive 50 miles out of my way the next time i need the dealership.

Monroe Dodge Jeep Superstore
Monroe Michigan
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Juice Box
If you pulled into a shop and told them you need 1 tiny dent fixed, the rear bumper replaced and the rear shocks replaced and that the cost was not an issue..... and they told you it would take 25 days or more... you would LOL your butt out the door to a different shop... right?

Long story as short as possible: i got rear ended. Have great insurance and up to $3500 extra coverage for custom and after market parts. Mopar tube bumper was damaged. Insurance approved upgrading to Mopar HD offroad bumper. I gave the shop the part # for bumper, 7 days before the scheduled drop off so they could order and have it ready to install. I rolled in on the drop off day and they had no clue and no bumper

I told the shop to replace my Skyjacker shocks with Bilstiens. Shop called me the day after i dropped it off and said " they dont make shocks for your jeep" really?? Good thing it was just a voicemail, i would of laughed at him! The sign on your building says "jeep superstore" !

I have rental coverage, dealership gave me a brand new dodge caliber. After 13 days, shop calls and says the bumper is on national back order until february. I call quadratec, thay have 11 of them on the shelf. I tell shop to cancel order, order from quadratec and i will even pay the shipping costs. No can do. Cant cancel, its a special order. Really? Its not on a truck being shipping and how is it a special order if quadratec has 11 of them?!

The wife had a hissy fit the next day and convinced them to cancel and order from quadratec and eat the cost of the loaner car beyond the 28th. So here it is, the 29th and still not done. It will be Dec 31 at the earliest at 25 days to fix a small dent, replace a bumper (4 bolts) and 2 shocks (4 bolts)

I will never set foot in this dealership again. I will drive 50 miles out of my way the next time i need the dealership.

Monroe Dodge Jeep Superstore
Monroe Michigan
seems like more dealers these days are getting dumber and dumber...
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Should this take 23+ days to repair?!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121229_235411.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	403391

Name:	ForumRunner_20121229_235432.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	403392

Name:	ForumRunner_20121229_235456.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	403393

Name:	ForumRunner_20121229_235520.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	403394
Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Dumb
Called up one to asked the recommended pattern to rotate tire using spare. Spoke to several people and no clue

They called me 2 weeks later telling me about my scheduled maintenance and tire rotation.
Ha. Why would I get them to do that.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow shitty deal dude shoulda just did the bumper and shocks your self :s
Old 12-29-2012, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Bedline it and call it a day!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

that sucks. i would ve gotten the dent fixed and did everything else myself
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm down in Toledo thanks for the heads up! I almost bought a jeep from them!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have come to the conclusion that it is very hard to trust a dealer these days. Their just too stupid.

Im with suds... I would have done everything but the dent repair myself. And I sure as hell wouldnt take it to the dealer for the body work, but would go to a good local body shop instead. Oh well, we live and learn! Thanks for the heads up on a cheezy drealer!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by olyelr
I have come to the conclusion that it is very hard to trust a dealer these days. Their just too stupid.

Im with suds... I would have done everything but the dent repair myself. And I sure as hell wouldnt take it to the dealer for the body work, but would go to a good local body shop instead. Oh well, we live and learn! Thanks for the heads up on a cheezy drealer!
I've done almost everything myself, with the exception of track bar/alignment and pcm. I figured its all covered by the insurance, so let someone else do the work. They wouldn't cut me a check because i still have a lien holder. The bank wouldn't sign off on the check until i came out of pocket to do the work. That didn't really work for me.

The only reason i went to the dealership is because the wife has a family friend in the service department. I figure she'll take care of me right? While she has done what she can, its the body shop that dropped the ball on this. I could of had a bumper custom fabricated, shipped from north carolina, powder coated and installed in less time than this! I could of replaced the rear shocks blind-folded!

Quick Reply: Consumer Beware!