Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

EJS Moab Pics

Old 03-25-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJS Moab Pics

Here are all my pics from the trip. Had a great time. We camped out over by Area BFE. It was great to camp out there cuz you were away from everyone but if you got the itch to go wheeling in was just down the road and it was also lit up til 1 am one night so you could do some awesome night wheeling. First night we played at BFE, then we hit Moab Rim, the next day we went out and did Flat Iron Mesa, then we did Hells Revenge, Next was Greenday until we came to a huge 20ft wall where it was backed up a lot so we turned around. After that we just hung out at Potato Salad and BFE.

Overall my JK did awesome. I didn't break anything except for royally destroying the stock bumpers but oh well. I did alot of things I didn't think i would get up and got up a lot of things that the Cherokee in the pics couldn't get up and that thing is also locked front and rear. Pretty much everyone i was with along with myself was amazed at everything the JK could do and I know a few people are going to be buying one soon after seeing how well it does.

All of my vids are being put up within the next few days. Have a few up right now but much more will be added as i get them from friends.

All my vids will be on my youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/msneyd

Enjoy!

Before we left i got her nice and clean

Dont leave tire deflators on and leave to go have a beer like my friend did

Playing around at BFE

Moab Rim

This YJ rolled coming down the Z turn right infront of us

Green Day

Flat Iron Mesa

Hells Revenge

Tip Over Challenge

Last edited by RubyRed44; 03-25-2008 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Great pics. Did you have to trim the rock rail to clear the 35's or were they ok?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Damn the more pictures I see, the more I wish I went.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Big D2
Great pics. Did you have to trim the rock rail to clear the 35's or were they ok?
I have the same set-up and when I had the rock rails on, no rubbing with the 1" body lift, but without the body lift I rubbed alot at the back of the rock rail.

thanks for the pictures BTW, I'll be going to check out some vids now
Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big D2
I didn't do any trimming, they barely rub the plastic cap but don't make any noise so i just left them.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Awesome Pix.. Thanx for sharing.. More i see MOAB pics.. More I wanna go there.. Maybe One day.. =)
Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi

Great pics, did you powder coat the wheels or paint? How are they holding up? Not running a spare out there?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Great pics, did you powder coat the wheels or paint? How are they holding up? Not running a spare out there?
I painted th wheels flat black, its only been a week but they held up fine. I painted my last set also. They got pretty messed up in moab on the rocks but arent chipping. I did them flat black with no clearcoat for the safari but I'm redoing them with a clear coat this week

Ive never popped a bead or got a flat with oversized tires so i just dont bother anymore. Worse case scenario I use someone elses. I like the look without the spare.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked like a good time!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I enjoyed them very much.

Quick Reply: EJS Moab Pics