Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

I got stuck on a mound of dirt jeep

Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got stuck on a mound of dirt jeep

I should have taken the easy route, I had to dig out a little then my buddy pulled me out in his taco

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default i know how you feel

My girlfriend drove my jeep to the college and the parking lot was full so she thought " I'll just park in the ditch next to the road" needless to say it came a major rain while in class.....she came out and buried it cause she didnt shut off the traction control system....lol...and had to call me to get pulled out. And with a push of a button it was out. I was a little luckier then you.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

well, at least its not in a parking lot

take it out and play with it
Old 07-05-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

One thing I've learned about mud is that regardless of how much $$$ you put into your rig, how high it sits, or how big the tires are, mud can always find a way to take you down. There are farm access roads around here that are highly crowned, meaning the center of the road is wayyyy higher than the sides, kinda like a rainbow. And the ditches are very deep and end right up against farmers fields. The dirt is like elmers glue when wet. Once your vehicle starts sliding to either side, there is nothing you can do to stop it, like ice. I once got my land rover disco 1 stuck by sliding down the crown of the road and resting the entire drivers side up against the ditch embankment, mind you, while it was raining....lol I felt stupid until several of my buddies with tacos, jeeps, an h3, and a silverado duramax, all with 33s or bigger tried taking turns at getting me out, I was too far away for a winch, so the first guy thought he was a tough guy in a taco, drove out to me... Then wham, he's up against the embankment, spinning tires and going nowhere. Then the h3 tried, he made it half way, his rear end started towards the ditch, then wham.... He's stuck too.....Kinda like the ice capades...lol The other guy in the jeep yj tried, got almost half way, started squirreling, stopped and backed right back out. Everyone gave up that night, and we decided to come back when it was dry the next day. Moral of the story, mother nature calls the shots, not your pocket book.

Last edited by davelong667; 07-05-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2000Z3M
I should have taken the easy route, I had to dig out a little then my buddy pulled me out in his taco

Not sure if it matters...but you have a great looking Jeep!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, this wasn't mud, it was just good ol' dirt and sand. All 4 tires where about 2 inches off the ground.

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Not sure if it matters...but you have a great looking Jeep!
Thanks, I got stuck in style

Last edited by 2000Z3M; 07-05-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Sn00wmans post reminded me of my mud incident, and just the general idea of being stuck. And yes, that is a nice looking jeep. Very nice indeed.

Quick Reply: I got stuck on a mound of dirt jeep