Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Jeeptoberfest fun

Old 10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeeptoberfest fun

So, I have a confession. I'm a big ol Jeep Poser! I wanted to have a capable rig so I tossed money at it but never really went offroad for REAL. Now, it appears I'm addicted.

I've done trails here in South Florida and it's neat. I can only image you folks in CA, UT, CO, etc...must be amazing. This weekend though, I got a chance to hit up Jeeptoberfest to see if the money I invested paid off in making a somewhat capable rig. I went with a few folks from Karnage Motorsports here in Miami and their experience really made me comfortable and taught me a lot about my Jeep. It was packed but I'm trying to work on a video to post of the course. I did the modified course. I noticed a lot of folks with lifted, big tired Jeeps running the stock course...I imagine maybe because the modified course requires lockers??? Who knows.

Anyway, from the start I was giddy and had a blast. But it didn't stop there! NO! We went to Hard Rock Off Road park in Ocala. I had no idea what to expect. I thought it'd be more obstacles like the event. Nope...I was wrong. Apparently I've lived in Florida for 37 years and didn't know we had hills and rocks! We wheeled from 3pm until about 9 or 10pm. This one video is from me going up a thing called "Slick rock". It was rough going down and peer pressure got me to go up it...Keep in mind though, my FIRST TIME truly wheeling...So be easy on the criticism. I'm trying to get more vids from the other guys.

https://youtu.be/KbkPL2KnWPM

All in all, I had a TON OF FUN! I'm ready to go do something next weekend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8475.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	709.9 KB
ID:	627741

Name:	IMG_8476.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	627742

Name:	IMG_8477.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	627743
Old 10-18-2015, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on getting your rig off-road! Did you air down your tires? If not, next time try 14psi and you will walk up that hill! Keep on getting it dirty!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went this year also and hit up Hard Rock on Friday. Had a blast!!!

Name:	image-1147051627.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	498.5 KB
ID:	627745
Old 10-18-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Congrats on getting your rig off-road! Did you air down your tires? If not, next time try 14psi and you will walk up that hill! Keep on getting it dirty!
I actually did. Down to 14 or 15 actually. You can't see it much but on the drivers side rear tire you can see it bulging some. Apparently these Toyo's can be flat and hold weight!

Expo....yeah man. A few of my buddies camped. Dude with a red TJ on 40s grenaded his front carrier. My only casualty was my trailer wiring plug...the L bracket bent. Oops.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I actually did. Down to 14 or 15 actually. You can't see it much but on the drivers side rear tire you can see it bulging some. Apparently these Toyo's can be flat and hold weight! Expo....yeah man. A few of my buddies camped. Dude with a red TJ on 40s grenaded his front carrier. My only casualty was my trailer wiring plug...the L bracket bent. Oops.
Bent my front lower control arm and tore rear drive shaft boot which I was going to replace and gouged two wheels but it was all worth it. I tell ya the modified course was awesome I will definitely be back next year.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I actually did. Down to 14 or 15 actually. You can't see it much but on the drivers side rear tire you can see it bulging some. Apparently these Toyo's can be flat and hold weight! Expo....yeah man. A few of my buddies camped. Dude with a red TJ on 40s grenaded his front carrier. My only casualty was my trailer wiring plug...the L bracket bent. Oops.
Yea, the E rated Toyos are hard to flex.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great video, I was there too and it really was a lot of fun!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dstolp
Great video, I was there too and it really was a lot of fun!
Thanks...Yeah, it was a hoot! I'm already planning the next trip! The hotels were cool...at least the Hampton Inn because they had a bonfire and such.

Quick Reply: Jeeptoberfest fun