Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Moab

Old 03-02-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by RBrownJK
So the last time i was there we spent 12 days in moab, I can't take that much time off but if you have your trails planned and get in 2 a day which isn't hard for some due to size of trail and group 4 days would be ideally the minimum, you can manage a lot in that time. Ill be hauling ass to do the trip in Two days but that isn't a problem. also depending on weather down there that makes some of the trails iffy to wheel.
This makes sense, and really, when you have 2 days there and 2 days back, looking at having to use a full week of vacation anyhow, so difference between 3 /4/5 days of actual wheeling is really just eating in to a second weekend, and not necessarily more time off. My wife's initial response was "Ugh. Do I ever get to vacation with you?? It's always jeep stuff" Anyhow, are you open at all to maybe earlier in the summer rather than the tail end? Possibly Last week of June? Are there summertime events out that way that should be avoided if you don't want that sort of hassle? I'd possibly like to bring son or daughter, but schedules get more iffy as school closes in at the end of summer. Marching band/sports and stuff which all starts 4-6 weeks before school. I'll send you a PM with some info about me, and maybe things will work out for us both!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RBrownJK
you doing the Exodus trip or you and a few buddies are going on your own? You driving your jeeps down or towing?
Just on our own. It just is a coincidence of the time. We will be driving out. We were planning on like 5 days in Moab and then going south into Ouray/Telluride/Silverton and wandering the passes for 3 days or so. Then bedding back.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
This makes sense, and really, when you have 2 days there and 2 days back, looking at having to use a full week of vacation anyhow, so difference between 3 /4/5 days of actual wheeling is really just eating in to a second weekend, and not necessarily more time off. My wife's initial response was "Ugh. Do I ever get to vacation with you?? It's always jeep stuff" Anyhow, are you open at all to maybe earlier in the summer rather than the tail end? Possibly Last week of June? Are there summertime events out that way that should be avoided if you don't want that sort of hassle? I'd possibly like to bring son or daughter, but schedules get more iffy as school closes in at the end of summer. Marching band/sports and stuff which all starts 4-6 weeks before school. I'll send you a PM with some info about me, and maybe things will work out for us both!
Really starting to look forward to it!! Looking to have my Redneck Ram installed by then. Should be all set after that!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by jsukey
Really starting to look forward to it!! Looking to have my Redneck Ram installed by then. Should be all set after that!
Pretty sure it's gonna be hot as hell....lol. I just keep telling myself the hot rocks gonna help with grip.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Pretty sure it's gonna be hot as hell....lol. I just keep telling myself the hot rocks gonna help with grip.
There ya go! I don’t like wheeling with my top or half doors...so I guess we’ll have to see if I can handle the sweltering heat!

Quick Reply: Moab