Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Moab

Old 02-27-2018, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab

I'd like to go back to Moab this year ideally not sure dates yet, but want to plan ahead. At this current point no one is able to go that I wheel with where I live. I have two options drive down there and hope to hell I can tag along with randoms but I find that a weird way to wheel incase things that a turn for the worse or attempt to get connected with someone or a group going around that time to let me tag along in the jeep community.

So with that said, if anyone is looking at going or wants to go and needs others to go with let me know. My jeep is built. I can fix my own jeep unless is serious engine problems. I have been there before and did most of the hard trails but trip ended abruptly before able to hit prechette canyon. I'm not a potato when it comes to spotting.

Not the way I'd want to do this but I want to go back and am SOL ATM

Old 02-27-2018, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

2018 Trip

There's a possibility for you.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
2018 Trip

thanks for for the link!
Old 02-28-2018, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If those dates don't line up with your schedule, ping me with a rough idea of timing you're thinking. I've never been, but would like to go at some point, but really don't have anyone to go with and I'm not much for large groups or events....it's just not my gig. The peeps I wheel with around these parts are hard to get out locally, much less 15 hours away from home. I could possibly be interested in doing something.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah same boat, I'm at a point where no one even wheels local to me or at least no one is vocal about it and I have done the same trails over and over. The drive to Moab is roughly 30hours(without stopping) so would take me a solid 2 days to get there. Dates I'm easy to figure out was hoping for middle to end of Aug atm but can change that, not overly sure how long id go for but up for anything. the big group thing isn't ideal only for time spent wheel vs time spent watching others piss around unless its all built experienced jeeps. You have an idea how long you'd be able to go for?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by RBrownJK
the big group thing isn't ideal only for time spent wheel vs time spent watching others piss around unless its all built experienced jeeps. You have an idea how long you'd be able to go for?
I hear ya. I'm not much for standing around wasting time, nor watching mass people do whatnot. I'm a mover and shaker....prefer to do rather than stand around talking about doing. Anyhow, my spousal unit could care less about jeep related things, so my balancing act is budgeting 3 weeks of vacation time between Jeep and family....LOL. I'd probably be looking at 2 days there, 2 days back (albeit lighter days than your travel time at half the distance), and I'd think AT LEAST 2.5 days or 3 full days there to be worthwhile? That would mean taking an entire week off. I could probably swing something like that. Will discuss it tonight and PM with a follow-up.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

2018 Trip

That's about the time I'll be in the area too. Looking to leave on the 8th Gonna have at least 3 rigs from Michigan.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

I hear ya. I'm not much for standing around wasting time, nor watching mass people do whatnot. I'm a mover and shaker....prefer to do rather than stand around talking about doing. Anyhow, my spousal unit could care less about jeep related things, so my balancing act is budgeting 3 weeks of vacation time between Jeep and family....LOL. I'd probably be looking at 2 days there, 2 days back (albeit lighter days than your travel time at half the distance), and I'd think AT LEAST 2.5 days or 3 full days there to be worthwhile? That would mean taking an entire week off. I could probably swing something like that. Will discuss it tonight and PM with a follow-up.

So the last time i was there we spent 12 days in moab, I can't take that much time off but if you have your trails planned and get in 2 a day which isn't hard for some due to size of trail and group 4 days would be ideally the minimum, you can manage a lot in that time. Ill be hauling ass to do the trip in Two days but that isn't a problem. also depending on weather down there that makes some of the trails iffy to wheel.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cedarraider
That's about the time I'll be in the area too. Looking to leave on the 8th Gonna have at least 3 rigs from Michigan.

you doing the Exodus trip or you and a few buddies are going on your own? You driving your jeeps down or towing?
Old 03-02-2018, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I’m heading to Moab in May if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: Moab