Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Pacific Coast Highway road trip June 24-29, 2009

Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKWillie
Great Pics & looks like a great time ( except for the funeral I'm sure ).

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I lost mine recently as well.
Thanks.

It was a great trip . . . the boys and I enjoyed it a lot. And, for being almost 5 and 7 years old, they did great.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgetting the Jeep for a moment (the +1 would say it's just another car) you look like you did us fathers proud and gave your sons a great trip they will always remember. Props for honoring your grnadmother in style
Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie

very nice pics, well documented, I am sure your boys will always remember that road trip with their Dad in the cool Jeep......Well done....Building memories.....Jeep looks great
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Radcliffe1
Forgetting the Jeep for a moment (the +1 would say it's just another car) you look like you did us fathers proud and gave your sons a great trip they will always remember. Props for honoring your grnadmother in style
Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
very nice pics, well documented, I am sure your boys will always remember that road trip with their Dad in the cool Jeep......Well done....Building memories.....Jeep looks great
Thanks to both of you.

It was a fun trip . . . and the boys were troopers (although, one was usually alseep and the other wondering when our next meal was). Overall, it was a blast!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:05 AM
JK Junkie

Ty,

Sorry to hear about the reason for this trip, but Great pictures and a very fun and memorable trip with the boys. I have done the exact trip, with the most of the same stops and enjoyed it. Looking at this makes me want to do it again and again.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for sharing something so personal and near to you!-sorry to hear of your grandmothers' passing. Handsome boys, great looking Jeep, and thanks for keeping the tradition alive and well. those boys will remember that trip as long as they live-and I bet they'll do exactly the same for their children-you're a great American, and Father!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

Awesome, awesome, awesome trip and pics. I am sure the kids loved camping on the beach.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Great photo's, great story of a great trip with your boys...You will have made some lasting memories for yourself and your son's of this awesome JK tour down the Coast!!! BTW... Love the Jeep....you did an nice job on the accessories.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SGT.
Ty,

Sorry to hear about the reason for this trip, but Great pictures and a very fun and memorable trip with the boys. I have done the exact trip, with the most of the same stops and enjoyed it. Looking at this makes me want to do it again and again.
Thanks, Dave. I appreciate the thoughts. It was a fun trip.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
Thanks for sharing something so personal and near to you!-sorry to hear of your grandmothers' passing. Handsome boys, great looking Jeep, and thanks for keeping the tradition alive and well. those boys will remember that trip as long as they live-and I bet they'll do exactly the same for their children-you're a great American, and Father!
Originally Posted by pagoda
Awesome, awesome, awesome trip and pics. I am sure the kids loved camping on the beach.
Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Great photo's, great story of a great trip with your boys...You will have made some lasting memories for yourself and your son's of this awesome JK tour down the Coast!!! BTW... Love the Jeep....you did an nice job on the accessories.
Thank you for the kind words. It was a great trip and a neat opportunity to just be a "guy" trip and hang out with my boys for a few days and share an experience.

I do have to admit though, I am not so sure about the JK in the sand dunes. Some years ago, I use to ride motorcycles quite a bit, and liked riding in the sand, never really felt I was ever in any danger . . . but the JK, well, I nearly rolled the darn Jeep on at least two occassions . . . while the camping was great, and we will certainly go back to the Oceano Dunes SVRA to camp and play again, I do think that I will stick to rocks and dirt with the JK . . . there is a certain queasiness that comes over you when you are out in the dunes, not many others around, and you are sliding straight down a slipface (steep side of a sand dune) and starting to move sideways with no ability to stop.

Quick Reply: Pacific Coast Highway road trip June 24-29, 2009