Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Pikes Peak, Ouray area offroading road trip (LOTS of pictures!!!)

Old 07-25-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pikes Peak, Ouray area offroading road trip (LOTS of pictures!!!)

First off Ouray area is amazing!!! words cant explain how great this place is those of you who have been there know what I mean I am now back at home looking at the pictures i still cant believe I was there doing those trails with my rig...I hope you all enjoy the pictures and movies there are so many more to post that when i get some time i will share!!! keep on Jeeping Everybody!!!

Pikes Peak summit!

Top of Engineer Path...aka Oh point!

ophir pass just outside of ophir the town..

Ophir pass again

Imogene pass!

Great picture on Engineer

Getting a lil snow on the tires

beginning of imogene pass

Beautiful picture!!!

Video going down poughkeepsie gulch
http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=MOV01593.mp4

trying to summit ophir pass right after the video stops is when i got stuck in a Mud/Rock Slide almost got taken out int he jeep and hand to then turn around after finding out that the road was washed out ahead...makes for a good story enjoy!!!

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=MOV01602.mp4
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome pictures, glad you had a great time. Just ran into another Jeeper at the gas station here that just got back from a 15 day excursion to Colorado Jeep trails. He said he like Ouray the best. Said it was absolutely amazing!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Junkie

Awesome pictures!

My wife and I were planning a Colorado trip for next year, and I've talked her into letting us take the Jeep, I was hoping to get a little a little closer to the scenery.

Those pases you were on, how "road-road" would you say they were? From the pictures they look more like dirt roads. Reason I ask is because my wife isn't so keen on the whole off-roading thing, but if they were no worse than a dirt/gravel road then she wouldn't mind.

Sorry, I hope that wasn't too off-topic. Either way, nice pictures and thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Never mind, I just noticed the videos ... I think that answered my questions

Last edited by u-joint; 07-25-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was Engineer windy? I was up there last year and it had at least 15 to 20 MPH winds up there!! I tried to go up again this year but a small avalanch blcoked about 50 feet long of the trail with about 10+ feet deep of snow. great pics! Love going to Ouray!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pics ! very beautiful
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great pictures and video!! The wife and I are heading out to Ouray the first week of August...can't wait!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default out of ophrica

I thought I would share a link that gives one a perspective of the avalanches that are so common to the area. I have been in avalanche mitigation for 22 years and I think this video footage is some of the most beautiful. You can compare the summer verses winter look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aAFcbr8euA

JP
Old 07-26-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey barnoles,

YOu are going to have a Blast out there!!! I wanna go back now!! but will have to wait till next year... make sure you get to telluride and get to smugglers brewery and get one of there micro brews and a burger simply one of the best burgers i have had in awhile. as for trails you can take imogene pass from ouray to telluride if you want to check out that town just a warning it will take about 4 hrs one way will some stopping to explore. it will be a long day on the trails. let me know if you have anymore questions you can shoot me a pm. i know of a awsome place to set up camp the best part is its Free!!

thanks for all the comments!
jaker
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Great pics...

Doesn't look like you aired down....that'll definitely help the rough parts of the trail if you air down to 10-15#'s.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper
make sure you get to telluride and get to smugglers brewery and get one of there micro brews and a burger simply one of the best burgers i have had in awhile.
Next trip you are out this way, make sure to stop at the Union Cafe in Ridgway...their burgers will put that one you had from Smugglers to shame

Quick Reply: Pikes Peak, Ouray area offroading road trip (LOTS of pictures!!!)