Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

rausch creek

Old 09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post rausch creek

hey everyone....i just got a sahara unlimited 3 weeks ago and want plan to go offroading at rausch creek some weekend in october...i havent put any mods on it yet.

i did some research on rausch creek and do you think that the blue trails will be fine for a stock jk?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jmr5flyer
hey everyone....i just got a sahara unlimited 3 weeks ago and want plan to go offroading at rausch creek some weekend in october...i havent put any mods on it yet.

i did some research on rausch creek and do you think that the blue trails will be fine for a stock jk?
I ran greens and blues when stock and other than some beat up skid plates (hey, thats what they are for!), made out fine. I did have the stock rubi mud terrains and rock sliders, which I'm sure helped. If you have the SRA's you'll be able to get around, but better tires would be even better and just be careful with the rockers and if you have plastic or aluminum "side steps" I would remove them before wheeling.

You'll have a blast though. I'll be there October 23 with others if you are interested...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

x2 on removing the steps and careful on the rockers, I ran 35's and 2.5 rcx lift and still smashed mine in pretty good. Have fun, RC is an awesome place. Be sure to check out Rock Creek it's an amazing site.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jmr5flyer

i did greens and blue with my stock 2dr, only issue i can see you having is bc your wheels base is soo long and your not lifted. other then that i think youll do just fine. im actually going in october sometime. it will only be greens and blues bc im going with a stock 4dr sahara and a stock tj. if you wanna try to plan something let me know!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

We went to Rausch Creek in Sept for "Topless for Tata's". I have a 2" Rubi Express lift, but 2 others in my group who are new to off roading were totally stock. One was a 4 door the other was a 2 door. They had no trouble on the green/blue trails. Other then scraps on skid plates the only casualty was when a tree jumped out in front of someones bumper . Not mine - Crap! Need an excuse to get Rock Bumpers!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

As with everyone...you should be ok. Do try and get some rocker guards...those pesky rocks can run outta nowhere . I have Shrockworks...at the end of the day at RC, they were scarred and marred.

Last edited by mscedro2; 09-09-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Ran mine stock at topless for tatas also and had a blast. Of course I have my lift now. My son in his stock TJ was putting lifted JK's to shame. Go have fun! A good trail guide can make all the difference.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P8140355..jpg
Views:	170
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	87774  
Old 09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the green blues in my stock jk with sra's and I was the only stock jeep in the group. Picked some good lines and was fine. I fell off a rock and curbed my right rear rim but that was it. That was before I got my real tag
Old 09-15-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Im going this weekend looking for a 3rd i will be stock as well except for mud terr....
Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

I am jealous. I wanna go!! Only off roadin' I have done since Tata's was last night I had to drive my fire engine onto a schools football field for an injured player.

Quick Reply: rausch creek