Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Rausch Creek 3/22/08

Old 03-23-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rausch Creek 3/22/08

Ran with a small group at RC yesterday, usgaone, myself and brother-in-law (Silver Sahara). Sorry we never hooked up with the other JK-Forum guys, we had trouble locating you through the sea of FJ's in the staging area!!! We had a great day exploring some of the newer areas of the park and the weather held up nice.

First a video of usgaone...now this is determination!

Here are a few pics...

The group:

Chris

usgaone

HG

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 03-23-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

The video looks like the Milkshake obstacle, is that where it was?
Old 03-23-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Default More from the second group...

I didn't realize you guys were also in the park.. I went directly to RC and thought I missed the group (it was like 9:30) but atomicmecha and other CORE4x4 guys were running late... I figured I would post a few random pics I had in this same thread...

Old 03-23-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great pics! got some snow up there...
Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

A few from yesterday as well.
Chris in one of the mud holes

Howie in the same mudhole

Howie high-centered on Cormac hill (just kidding! he was high centered, but it's not named after Cormac!)

The Mudslide after I came up this hill Climb out of Lake Christie

Howie coming out of Lake Christie the "Easy way"

The "Easy way" again!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

We waited a while, but eneded up hitting the trails around 9:45am. Just myself, Howie in his 4dr rubicon on BB, and Chris in his 4dr Sahara on3" bds and his stock wheels and tires.

We quickly ran into rush hour with all the Fj Cruisers, but took a quick left onto trail O first thiing just to let the Yota's clear out!

Played on the south side, ran trail 21 which caused a few problems in the snow for the 4drs, it's a new trail that's pretty tight, and add the sliding on the snow and we had a nice recovery when, someone (Howie) slid into a tree. I don't have pics, as I was trying to figure out the best way to get him off the tree. Once that was done, we headed out, and went down to lake Christie to play for a bit.

After we played on the hill climbs, and I clearanced a few more inches from my Gas Tank skid, we headed to the West side. We ran trail 2 to cut over. The we tookk H down to 11. Hopped on trail 10 and had an absolute blast. Hit Milkshake, took a few attempts to get the right line, but I did get thorugh, that was the finally attempt that Howie posted. Then we snaked around in the newly cleared area, hit some nice mudholes and ruts. Then headed down 11A, ran down the big ruts, and looped back around 11, to exit the park. We aired back up at the office and watched some pretty determined guys try to roll thier rigs on teh comp sourse. While they stayed upright, they definitely went all at it!

Thanks again Chris and Howie, had a fun time, and that area after trail 10 was a lot of fun! let me know next tiime you guys are going out, and when Chris has his Mt's on.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
The video looks like the Milkshake obstacle, is that where it was?
Yes that was my third or fourth run, when I decided to run on the right side, and then drop in! If I remember right, there is a rock or something that I was hitting, and had to get around it first. Been through it a few times now, and today it was just pure soup! I could definitely feel the tires digging in, the Toyo's definitely loved it!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
Played on the south side, ran trail 21 which caused a few problems in the snow for the 4drs, it's a new trail that's pretty tight, and add the sliding on the snow and we had a nice recovery when, someone (Howie) slid into a tree. I don't have pics, as I was trying to figure out the best way to get him off the tree. Once that was done, we headed out, and went down to lake Christie to play for a bit.
Oh I have the picture ... here's my JK just taking a breather and resting up against the tree. Any movement forward or back would have ripped a fender flare off. So I just sat tight until Tyler winched my front end off the tree so I could back out. Hard to see in the picture but the little yellow sign on the tree says "Bypass" and it points right...next time I'll opt for the bypass. Damage was minimal, just a few new "beauty marks" on the door where my mirror was wedged between the tree and door.

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 03-23-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice pics and video. You might wanna try that puddle with a little more speed next time.. haha
Old 03-23-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi

Lots of great pics.

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek 3/22/08