Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Sedona Easter weekend

Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sedona Easter weekend

We had our first Jeep Weekend and ended up in Sedona.

We did several trails and about 5 miles of hiking.

Trails included, Van Deren Cabin, Soldiers Pass, Broken Arrow 2x, and Greasy Spoon.

Friday we set out for an easy start and some hiking. Van Deren Cabin Trail, went to the cabin and then took the road to the end which is the Vultee TH. We turned at about 1.5+ miles, and then saw some wild boars.. actually they probably were fine..... we ended up looking up what the arch looked like on the internet.... no biggie.... it was a nice hike though... then we hiked up to the Devils Bridge.

Then Broken Arrow at 5pm and with the sun in the western sky the rocks were great.

Chicken Point - Broken Arrow

Saturday we met Rob from Tucson and did Soldiers Pass, Nice trail, only thing that might be of challenge is going up to the sink hole.

we then went to Broken Arrow and played on several of the rock areas, the first rock slab has some fun areas to play on. Then there is the hill (not sure what else to call it) and then the Devil steps, all in all the trail isn't very hard and everything that is challenging can be skipped. The stair case probably requires some lift or some armor underneath as the top few steps are getting pretty big..

Rob at Broken arrow play area.

top of Devils Staircase (Friday Night)

Rob on the staircase

Broken Arrow, we called it the crack...

We then went to the Greasy Spoon, some pretty scenery and a easy trail. If it was wet it would make it harder.. or if raining there are some ravines and arroyos you have to cross that might be hard to impossible-depending on the amount of water.
Pose while on the Greasy Spoon Trail...

photo album of Sedona can be found here..
http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...0wkend%202011/

also working on a few videos... one is completed.. I'll post the others as they finish... takes for ever to process these videos......
http://youtu.be/stnagTUpybc

Last edited by JK-jeepit; 04-26-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Default My home state!

Very nice photos, Sedona is just incredibly beautiful. It's nice that those particular trails are so easy because it gives you the opportunity to take in the scenery instead of concentrating on difficult wheeling. Thanks for sharing
Old 04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! I have never been there but it is definitely in my future. Is there camping area around there or on the trails?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FresnoJK
Awesome! I have never been there but it is definitely in my future. Is there camping area around there or on the trails?
yes there is camping seems like there would be alot of it... although the wife leaves the camping to me and my backpacking buddies so I don't have much knowledge of the area for camping.....Yet...... I'm sure the internet will have some good info......
Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Devils stair case video

http://youtu.be/3UXZ3xKNzN4
Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Sedona. Went there with my wife a few years ago before we had kids and before I was ever into Jeeps. Had a rental Chrysler Pacifica AWD and thought it would be Ok to take some of the more rugged terrain...I made it about 50 feet before I decided the rental woudn't last much longer.

Now I want to go back with my jeep but that's a long ride from Boston!! Need to figure out how to take a month off from work and plan a trip like this!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love Love Love Sedona!!!!! The photo of devils staircase dosnt do it justice on how steep it really is.

Devils bridge, an awesome hike. Usually not scared of heights, but when standing on top of the bridge for a photo, my legs were shaking.

Great photos
Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like a Bigfoot sighting in that first shot
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Our last group outing there it rained the whole day and made for some very interesting time on the trail. Its still was amazingly beautiful even with the rain and clouds shrouding the mountain. Nice pics and thanks for sharing!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics. Thanks for sharing !

Quick Reply: Sedona Easter weekend