Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Superlift ORV Hot Springs Questions

Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlift ORV Hot Springs Questions

Planning on going there very soon. Want to know which trails to hit and which to avoid.

Here is how my Jeep sits right now:

33x12.50x15 Duratracs
2.5" lift (measured)
Bilstein 5100s (for 2"-3" lift)
Just enough bumpstop to prevent shock damage
Open diffs on D30 front and D44 rear ('09 X, 3.73s)
Steel front and rear bumpers
Body bushing bolt-mounted rock sliders
Superwinch Talon 9.5k

Want to do more than dirt roads obviously, but this is my DD. Lack of lockers is irritating, but hopefully one day soon.

I've seen the park's recommendations and it looks like 2s to 3s to me. Sound accurate?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 07-25-2017, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

You'll like the park, and there's plenty to do for just about any build. The 2s out there are really nice winding dirt trails through the trees. You should be fine on 3's as well. Some of the 4's might require a locker but most of the stuff out there will offer a bypass which is really nice if you go in a group....everyone can pick and choose what they do while still sticking together. You'll be steering clear of the 5's.

This map is older, but it is a really nice since it's color coded and you can tell at a quick glance what you're in for vs. the map that the park provides which keeps you searching for what level each trail is.

I would note that the blank space where area "F" is does indeed have a lot of trails that aren't on this old map. Most of them are 2s if I recall. Also, there is a section of the park that is on the opposite side of Mill Creek Rd from the main park. It's really not all that worthwhile if you ask me. Some of that area on that side is very loose terrain (over by the power lines).

I have printed and laminated that color coded map and it's extremely useful when navigating in the park. The trails are clearly marked and are directional, so they have the exits marked clearly with "exit only" as well.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the map! Before you posted it I attempted to do the same thing with some of my kids' color pencils and a printout of the Superlift map, but it was hard to tell where one trail ends and another begins in some places. That helps, thanks.

We're going over there this morning.

Jason
Old 07-29-2017, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

So Superlift was absolutely awesome. We didn't get to do much because my freaking transfer case cable bushings (white plastic clips) broke on BOTH ends of the T-case cable, leaving me stuck in 4 high. Thank God it was not in neutral or 4 low when they broke. I did get to complete Rubicon Ridge before those bushings shit the bed, and that was really the trail that I wanted to do most. So I was thankful for that. Had to make a trip to National Park Chrysler to get the bushings (shout out to Shreveport John in parts for getting me what I needed). My friend and I got it fixed in short order after getting that f*****g transfer case shifter knob off. Don't know how that is on the '11-up interiors, but on my '09, that bitch is ON THERE! Hardest part of the repair for sure. Rest of it took 5 minutes max.

Wish I had pictures to post, but I was busy driving, and my wife was busy cussing me and seeing how deep she could plant her fingernails into the dash. I will say though, for folks that may stumble upon this thread, searching for the same info I was when I started it, I made it through Rubicon Ridge, which was the hardest trail WE attempted, with no issues. Never needed a spotter, never touched the winch, never had to back up and try again. There were a couple of spots where I was glad I had invested in some rock sliders, but lack of lockers did not hold me back at all. My friend had a JKUR on 35s and had more trouble than I did I think. Some of the narrow winding passes are not as friendly to 4-doors, but are certainly do-able.

Will definitely be back again

Jason
Old 09-02-2017, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default How about stock?

Originally Posted by resharp001
You'll like the park, and there's plenty to do for just about any build. The 2s out there are really nice winding dirt trails through the trees. You should be fine on 3's as well. Some of the 4's might require a locker but most of the stuff out there will offer a bypass which is really nice if you go in a group....everyone can pick and choose what they do while still sticking together. You'll be steering clear of the 5's.

This map is older, but it is a really nice since it's color coded and you can tell at a quick glance what you're in for vs. the map that the park provides which keeps you searching for what level each trail is.

I would note that the blank space where area "F" is does indeed have a lot of trails that aren't on this old map. Most of them are 2s if I recall. Also, there is a section of the park that is on the opposite side of Mill Creek Rd from the main park. It's really not all that worthwhile if you ask me. Some of that area on that side is very loose terrain (over by the power lines).

I have printed and laminated that color coded map and it's extremely useful when navigating in the park. The trails are clearly marked and are directional, so they have the exits marked clearly with "exit only" as well.

What might you reccomend mend for a pretty much stock JKU for trails? 2 weeks after getting mine, I was talked into going with friends to Bridgeports ORV Park. Did about everything the others did, mod'd out and was pleased on how the stock JKU did. Only bypassed 2 small section and never got hung up otherwise. Good learning experience. What do you think?
Old 09-02-2017, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ocon1404
What might you reccomend mend for a pretty much stock JKU for trails? 2 weeks after getting mine, I was talked into going with friends to Bridgeports ORV Park. Did about everything the others did, mod'd out and was pleased on how the stock JKU did. Only bypassed 2 small section and never got hung up otherwise. Good learning experience. What do you think?
On that color coded map, the auqa'ish color are pretty much nice winding trails through the trees. Not really any obstacles or offcamber situations, but still really nice easy trails. The blue trails are fine for stock. Some of them might have a pretty decent off camber turn or whatnot that you will still need to use caution on. Blue coud also have some steeper decents or inclines, but not real obstacles per se. There are a lot of trails in the "F" section not shown on this old map....they are mainly 2's if I recall. The purple trails are probably too dicey for a stock vehicle.

I'd note that the trails are pretty well marked at the entrances with the number in addition to the name. They are directional, so the exits are clearly marked as well so you don't head down the wrong way.

Edit.....also, the trails are nice and wide for the most part, so now real trail striping or anything. I'm just a touch west of the Fort Worth are before you get to Weatherford. Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by resharp001; 09-02-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

I'd note that the trails are pretty well marked at the
Edit.....also, the trails are nice and wide for the most part, so now real trail striping or anything. I'm just a touch west of the Fort Worth are before you get to Weatherford. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. Yea, I know where you are. I have 2 friends I work with who live out in Weatherford. Have ACE rock sliders coming in to install and debating on quick disconnects or belly armor next. Learning towards armor. New tires are a ways out... sadly, too many wants and not enough money. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by ocon1404
I'd note that the trails are pretty well marked at the

Thanks. Yea, I know where you are. I have 2 friends I work with who live out in Weatherford. Have ACE rock sliders coming in to install and debating on quick disconnects or belly armor next. Learning towards armor. New tires are a ways out... sadly, too many wants and not enough money. Thanks for the help.
Typically I'd say that quick discos are a slam dunk, but considering not lifted and no larger tires for a while, protecting that oil and tranny pan might not be a bad idea. You might also consider relocating the evap since it's often times in the way. I would note that although you technically have a gas skid.......it will get dinged up pretty good. Take a few hard enough hits and you'll be removing that to pound it back to flat. That's not a fun job, but I'm thinking you might not be getting that aggressive with the jeep in it's current state.

The "wants" never really go away regardless of how far you get in to the build.....LOL.

Quick Reply: Superlift ORV Hot Springs Questions