Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Thinking about doing the Jeepjamboreeusa.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about doing the Jeepjamboreeusa.

What's going on guys and gals, I've been thinking of taking the wifey, the boys, myself and doing the Jeepjamboreeusa in Troy, North Carolina happening the 6th-8th of October. I live in Tavares Fl also know as Central Florida I will be in my stock JKU-Rubicon but will be adding a zeon 10,000 lb synthetic warn winch and a CB radio as well just to be on the safe side. Just want to hear your thoughts and advice if anyone has done an adventure like this in a big group.

Thanks guys formthe the advice and info.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Go For It !

Since 1999, I have completed 15 JJ's including one in NC which is no longer on their list. I see that you are driving a Rubicon and have a CB radio. That's about all you really need to start out with plus anything that JJUSA may now require. They will assign you to trails that match your skill/experience level. JJ's are great because everyone there loves Jeeps and the Jeep Way of Life. You will make a lot of new friends. Make sure you account for every expense before you go. When you add in gas, meals not covered by your fee, motel rooms, etc. it can add up quickly. DF
Old 05-18-2016, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
Since 1999, I have completed 15 JJ's including one in NC which is no longer on their list. I see that you are driving a Rubicon and have a CB radio. That's about all you really need to start out with plus anything that JJUSA may now require. They will assign you to trails that match your skill/experience level. JJ's are great because everyone there loves Jeeps and the Jeep Way of Life. You will make a lot of new friends. Make sure you account for every expense before you go. When you add in gas, meals not covered by your fee, motel rooms, etc. it can add up quickly. DF
Thanks Desert Fox for the advice, I've been doing some research already and they have the family package for $750 for 2 adults and 2 kids it also include breakfast,lunch and dinner for those days and nights it's going to be in the Uwharrie Nation Forest NC. They are also including free camping and free for RV's also this year so looking forward to camping in the fall and having the boys experience this adventure.

Last edited by Muddywaters; 05-18-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Plan on a little more

Muddywaters,
Based on my experiences, your door to door expenses will be in the $1K range. I recommend that you plan on that figure. While you JJ "fee" may be $750, it only covers Friday, Saturday and Sunday breakfast. DF
Old 05-19-2016, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
Muddywaters, Based on my experiences, your door to door expenses will be in the $1K range. I recommend that you plan on that figure. While you JJ "fee" may be $750, it only covers Friday, Saturday and Sunday breakfast. DF

Yea I figured that I was going to take more than just the $750 cause we might make it a mini vacation out of it. Let the kids and the wifey enjoy NC. Lol
Old 05-19-2016, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Uwharrie is Fun your going to have a great time. I don't know how much experience you have but a stock Rubi will have no problems with Daniel as long as its has not been raining that day. I bought a Annual pass for $30. So whatever they are charging is kinda steep. Also heads up there is nothing out there but the outpost gas station. Your going going to have to drive a while to get to a decent hotel. Don't stay at the Days in in Biscoe its a dump and some jerk stole a shackle off my Jeep while I was sleeping. Also restaurants as slim pickings unless you like McDonalds.

I'm a small group kinda wheeler. But I don't mind 10 to 15. But when it gets above that it just makes for a long day of waiting for people to figure out how to use their Jeep. Have fun stay safe, bring a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotel.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	647530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawling.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	647531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3869.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	647532  
Old 05-19-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up on the hotels, gas, and restaurants. As for gas I'm looking into getting the new 2.5 gallon Rotopaxs setups. I've got like 5 months to get prepared for this trip so hopefully I'll be ready. Lol

I don't think it's a bad price for a first timer like myself to have this experience especially if I don't know my way around NC. I'm actually looking forward to the experience and meeting new friends also trying out other Jeepjamborees like Moab and some of the other exciting trails.

Here is the Itinerary that they have for the NC trip and it tells you all that's included and what it offers as a family package.

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/pdfs/uwharrie-2016.pdf

Last edited by Muddywaters; 05-19-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly say. If you want to go to Uwharrie. Just find a friend and go up. You don't have to pay $750 to go. Its $5 a day or just get the Annual pass for $30 look at it this way you get a sticker and you Donate $15 to the forest if you only go for 3 days. Primitive camping is free and you can setup on off the trails. Also some of the TrailHeads have Bathrooms.

I say post on the East Coast Staging area the dates you want to go. There are a Bunch of us that only live a few hours away you can hook up with one of us.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I honestly say. If you want to go to Uwharrie. Just find a friend and go up. You don't have to pay $750 to go. Its $5 a day or just get the Annual pass for $30 look at it this way you get a sticker and you Donate $15 to the forest if you only go for 3 days. Primitive camping is free and you can setup on off the trails. Also some of the TrailHeads have Bathrooms. I say post on the East Coast Staging area the dates you want to go. There are a Bunch of us that only live a few hours away you can hook up with one of us.
Damn Jonathan you are quick at typing lol. I just read this after I posted above. Lol. I really appreciate the help and the hospitality brother I might just take you up on that offer. Thumbs up.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like Jonathan said, if I were you I'd just pick a weekend this summer and go. Save yourself all that money. I got my season pass for $30 and we try to go each month. It's really a blast and a whole weekend for me and 3 buddy's is about $150 unless you had in beer, then that number grows substantially. There's several different free campsites as well as free camping on the trails. Your stock rubi will be just fine out there. Last weekend we took my stock Jk and another stock jk up dickey bell and Dutch John (didn't get to Daniel) and all the small trails. Just figure out a date and post it up here really. I'd be more than happy to have a reason to book a trip!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3976088198.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	647536

Quick Reply: Thinking about doing the Jeepjamboreeusa.