Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.2" Backspace, Leveling Kit/33s

Old 03-29-2022, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DarthWrangler99
TLDR: Will the Teraflex Levling Kit (pucks) be compatible with only 5.2" backspacing & 33s?

Context: My JK is my daily driver, and I love it, but it is not where I want it to be aesthetically (305/50R20s installed by the previous owner, but I want to go 33s on 17s).

I'm leaning towards the Teraflex levelking kit, which specifies 4.5" backspacing, but I am also really leaning towards the Retro CJ white wagon wheels at Quadratec. They state 5.2" backspacing and that they are hub-centric (I don't really know what that means). I'd like to avoid using wheel spacers/adapters if possible, so I would like to know if this would work.

Thanks for any feedback. Been looking at this forum a lot, first time posting.
Maaaaaybe. I ran 285's (32.5 x about 11) with stock steels and a 2" level...they rubbed pretty bad so I added 1.5" wheel spacers. I think that put them at around 4.75 which was more than they needed. If you have an ever so slight rub, they make 1/4" spacers. I ran them on a RAM for years problem free.

Quick Reply: 5.2" Backspace, Leveling Kit/33s