Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie, Need 4x4 Shop in PA/Philly Need Wheels,Tires,Softtop, & Bumpers plz Help

Old 04-29-2015, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, Need 4x4 Shop in PA/Philly Need Wheels,Tires,Softtop, & Bumpers plz Help

hi I'm looking to upgrade my JK and looking for a shop that deals with JKs in the limerick pa or philly area. i need wheels & tires, soft top & bumpers. thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do a lot of research here before you go to a shop and pull out the credit card.

Tires/Rims - decide on a tire size/type, rim diameter/width, rim offset/backspace, then try Discount Tire Direct (forum sponsor, you can PM them here. They will shipp the tires mounted/balanced) or your local Discount Tire store. I have found my local shops to be good at price matching, and I tend to like buying local on tires.

Soft top - keep checking craigslist. A bunch of people that order their JK's with the dual top group are selling one top and keeping the other. You might just find a great deal on a brand new in-the-box factory top. If you want aftermarket, do more research here so you will have a clue why the sales guy is selling you what he is (or steering you to what he gets the best margin on...)

Bumpers - more research. There are many different looks/styles/mfg's, get an idea of the look you want and which companies have decent reviews before you go see a 'sales' guy.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't listen to a shop's advice. Most will sell you products they either have in stock or have a license deal with, esp shi#ty suspension set-ups. Purchase items that individually suit you from one of the many dealers, northridge, quadratec, 4wd, baseline etc, THEN find a dealer to install if you cannot (try, most installs are simple common sense with decent instructions included).
Old 04-29-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

There are a few Jeep shops in the area. I'm in Sanatoga. Do you have an Idea of what you want to do with your Jeep?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A place called The Jeep Shop in Chester Springs did my lift and some other work for me. Good, honest people (as far as I know), and I was very satisfied with the work. I don't have their info handy, but a google search should find them for you.

I am not affiliated with the shop, just a satisfied customer.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Quadratec is in your back yard. They are in West Chester.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If ur in Philly take 95N till ur in Jersey. Then goto Globex, I live in Bellmawr NJ, im only a stone's throw from Philly and they're the best around here. It's worth the 45min ride

Quick Reply: Newbie, Need 4x4 Shop in PA/Philly Need Wheels,Tires,Softtop, & Bumpers plz Help