Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

= Another D-ring solution... No more rattle&clank =

Old 04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default = Another D-ring solution... No more rattle&clank =

You can pick up this mod at your local auto parts. All you have to do is find the hosing size that will fit your particular needs by measuring the diameter of your bumper's loop and the diameter of your D-ring and purchase the hosing that fits. Here's mine...

It sits firmly in the bumper and only moves with a little force. They don't rattle or move around at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
You can pick up this mod at your local auto parts. All you have to do is find the hosing size that will fit your particular needs by measuring the diameter of your bumper's loop and the diameter of your D-ring and purchase the hosing that fits. Here's mine...

It sits firmly in the bumper and only moves with a little force. They don't rattle or move around at all.

Nice! a little OCDish but good idea man.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Thats what i did with mine but I didnt cut the hose length wise. I pushed it into the bumper hole and then threaded the bolt through. Then there is no slit in the hose. I had to use a little force to get the bolt through the hose though. PITA.

Im starting to think me and bOLsAK=3 are long lost brothers or something. We think so much alike.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I saw a lot of folks with loose D-rings this weekend, but none of them seemed to care. I like it though.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Good idea. Another one is to use a "ballcock shank washer". They can be found in the plumbing section of a hardware store. They are too big out of the package but you just rub them on the ground till they fit. Just another thought. They work great for me. Here's the original thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=ballcock

Last edited by BYU JK; 04-03-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like that, looks like it works well. But Im like KNTR I wouldent split It. Nice Mod.. Thanks..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toad
But we like to say BALLCOCK SHANK WASHER which is what I used. Very effective. Good solution with the hose as well.
Leave it to the newest moderator to drag things into the gutter.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kntr
Thats what i did with mine but I didnt cut the hose length wise. I pushed it into the bumper hole and then threaded the bolt through. Then there is no slit in the hose. I had to use a little force to get the bolt through the hose though. PITA.

Im starting to think me and bOLsAK=3 are long lost brothers or something. We think so much alike.
Right?!

I was going to leave it uncut but it was sooo much easier to install after the cut. I can just simply flip it backward and you could never tell. It sits very tight in there.

Originally Posted by byucoug
Good idea. Another one is to use a "ballcock shank washer". They can be found in the plumbing section of a hardware store. They are too big out of the package but you just rub them on the ground till they fit. Just another thought. They work great for me. Here's the original thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=ballcock
I couldn't find the "ball cock & shank washer". Besides this mod was really quick and very painless... And most of all very cheap and functional too.

Quick Reply: = Another D-ring solution... No more rattle&clank =