Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax

Old 02-27-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax

My install and review of the Teraflex lift.

Instructions: They were small and left much to be desired. The pictures were thumbnail size and left out a lot of detail. Use WOL's write up for a good idea of what to do. I completed the install without using the instructions and only referenced them for certain parts. The bolt sizes are not marked so you have to be extra careful when installing them because you may use the wrong size. This should have been included in the instructions from TF.

If you are alone this will be a hard install. The wheel spacers require someone to hit the brakes as you tighten them in the front. Otherwise this install is a one man job.

When installing the rear springs you will have to sit on the brake caliper and push down to slip the spring in. I fount it easier on both front and rear to remove both tires to free up axle movement while instlaling the springs. Do not disconnect the control arms its not neccessary. An extra hand is welcomed but not needed.

Clearance before lift. 8.5 inches (Clearance after lift 6 inches.)

Jacks and Jack Stands are a must.

Disassembly begins.

A good set of tools and a pair of gloves are a must.

Teraflex TF 2.5 BB Budget Boost w/ Shock adapters. Note the large beefy adapters for the rear. They include a third mounting point for strenght. Great design.

Beefy Shock adapters. They come highly recommended by Northridge4x4 and if you are running the stock nitro rubicon shocks they are a great addition to an already stout and high quality shock.

Rubicon Nitro Shocks.

Rubicon Springs for the Hardtop Unlimited Model

While the Jeep is on stands you can use the Jack to line up bolts and move the axle up and down.

Greasable Sway bar links from TF. BEEFY

Stock on the right, TF on the left. Sway bar links are very well made.

Its easier to grease them while they are unistalled.

Here I added the Spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers. I did this more for a wider stance and for larger tires in the future. These are not neccessary if you are retaining the stock tires and wheels.

Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacer.

First spring complete. Took roughly an hour but the rest took about 30-45 minutes. I took my time and my little boy kept playing with my tools making it hard to find stuff but I love having him out in the garage with me.

Complete.

Complete. Total time for the rear 1.5-2 hours.

Wheel spacer protrusion.

Disassembly of the front suspension.

Front Shocks and Springs.

Boot Removed from front Shock.

This is why I chose to run the spidertrax over a steel wheel or a 15 inch 15x8 wheel. The brakes protrude past the sheel mounting surface creating a rubbing situation on some wheels.

Front install complete and buttoned up.

Sidertrax hub spacer installed.

Every garage should have a set of 6 ton jack stands and a beefy 2.5 ton floor jack. I bought these seperately at Advance Auto. Great stuff and for a good price.

This is a Craftsman Mechanics tool set. I added additional sized wrenches for a complete set and threw in a vice grip and adjustable wrench for some difficult situations I ran into during the install.

Here are the leftover parts from the install. I left out the rubber rear isolators to level the Jeep out a bit. It doesnt affect ride quality or spring placement at all. I recommend it if you want 1/2 inch less lift in the rear. The small bolts are the rear shock mount bolts no longer used because they were replaced. Along with the small sway bar links for the front of the Jeep. They are replaced with the rear links. The thick wire and bolts were used to hold the parking brake aka e-brake cables to the body of the Jeep. They are not needed when istalling the larger lift. You will see that they put tension onthe axle when installing the spacers. So remove this part first before forceing the axle down to install the spacer and spring.

Spidertrax part number WHS-010

BEFORE AND AFTER POSER SHOTS

Before

After

Before

After

Last edited by JulietKilo; 02-27-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey looks good I have the spacers already and getting ready to buy the BB pretty soon. WELCOME HOME and thanks for ur service
Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

great write up, thanks.

I'm interested to see what the clearance from the top of the garage looks like after the lift. Must be pretty tight hee hee
Old 02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
great write up, thanks.

I'm interested to see what the clearance from the top of the garage looks like after the lift. Must be pretty tight hee hee
Ask and you shall receive.

I am not going bigger then 32's right now but i have room for 35's easy!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Good job! Thanks for all the pics, I know it's a pain to get everything done and still remember to snap pics along the way.

Good to see another do-it-yourselfer. I like getting my hands dirty on my Jeep for sure.

My Dad always has me doing everything on his. I tell him, "It's a Jeep thing....get somebody else to do it."....right Dad?"
Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! I am thinking of doing something very similar to mine. And this makes me want to do it even more.

Was there a reason (other than just aesthetics) why you removed the boots from the front shocks? Just curious. Nice Job!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nicely done. i put mine on back in december, it was a nice all day project.

oh, did you have any problems putting the rear spacers in? mine were a b$#ch to get in. but once everything thing is done the lift does make the jk look much better don't it?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man that looks great! It's next on my list. You said the spacers are not required? It says on one of web sites it is?? Did you get the other part to align the rear axle? Nice right up, I'll be doing mine soon. Where didi you get the stuff?
Thanks
John
Old 02-27-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the tf 2.5' bb lift and i did not need spacers
Old 02-27-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

those pictures are great. i think i may add on wheel spacers like you did so that i can eventually fit on a larger tire.

Quick Reply: 2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax