Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax

Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 07 Unlimited Sahara, and am looking into getting the 2.5" TF. You mention that the stock shocks on the Rubi (mono tube) are better quality than the TF (hydro shocks) Is this also true with the Sahara or should I go with the TF shocks?

I do not know what come stock on the Sahara off the top of my head, and this is my first Jeep! I am still learning!

Also, this is just a straight bolt on lift correct? no welding or drilling?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mitch435
I have a 07 Unlimited Sahara, and am looking into getting the 2.5" TF. You mention that the stock shocks on the Rubi (mono tube) are better quality than the TF (hydro shocks) Is this also true with the Sahara or should I go with the TF shocks?

I do not know what come stock on the Sahara off the top of my head, and this is my first Jeep! I am still learning!

Also, this is just a straight bolt on lift correct? no welding or drilling?

Thanks in advance!
They are not better, just different. The Teraflex shocks are not hydrow, they are twin tubes. I went the shock extender route and then about 2 weeks later put the Teraflex 9550s on and was MUCH happier. If you want a Cadillac ride keep the stockers if you want performance on and off-road go with the 9550s.

Yes, the kist is a complete bolt on deal no welding or cutting required.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

great read. how is the ride changed with the install of this kit? (with and without the shock replacement)

interested in doing this with my unlimited X.

Thanks!

Yv
Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seal20
They are not better, just different. The Teraflex shocks are not hydrow, they are twin tubes. I went the shock extender route and then about 2 weeks later put the Teraflex 9550s on and was MUCH happier. If you want a Cadillac ride keep the stockers if you want performance on and off-road go with the 9550s.

Yes, the kist is a complete bolt on deal no welding or cutting required.
Actually you DO have to drill into the frame in order to mount the rear track bar bracket. Unless you go the route I took and got the upgraded axle mount track bar bracket also from TF.

Quick Reply: 2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax