Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2010 fog light upgrade to H16 LED with Pics

Old 06-04-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks good, but looks like it would put less light on the road where you need it. And it glares more - which would mean that the light will reflect off of fog/snow etc...

I just slapped on yellow film on my girl's 2010 and her fog lights are a dream in the rain!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just did this mod with the same bulbs. Mine are extremely blue does anyone know if there is more of an ultra white led bulb out there.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
...Once the 2 slider are lined up and fit right mark the super thin slider on the opposite side of the bulb with your razor blade so you now were to cut...Attachment 167073
Do you think you need to make that cut into the housing or can you just slice off that small tab on the base of the bulb? If the snaps on the side are the thing holding it to the wire, will that small tab make that much of a difference if removed? If you can just alter the bulb itself, you wouldnt even need to remove the housing at all. Just wondering.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i cut the housing as stated in the article but you prob can cut the bulb if you can get the razor in there. I did this upgrade but really didnt see too much of a difference in light but my fogs are more apart with the bumper im running. If you wanna see what it looks like up close let me know im 15 min from allentown
Old 08-09-2011, 05:35 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stang9986
i cut the housing as stated in the article but you prob can cut the bulb if you can get the razor in there. I did this upgrade but really didnt see too much of a difference in light but my fogs are more apart with the bumper im running. If you wanna see what it looks like up close let me know im 15 min from allentown
Hey Stang!

Thanks for the offer but I went ahead and just cut that piece. I bought the amber version of thesee leds and installed them. Let me tell you, they look good, but that's about it. Not much light at all on the amber ones. Actually looks like two additional parking lights! Ha! Oh well, I like how the look so I can't complain.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just curious, what Kelvin HID's would you say should match the leds...I wanna go LED fogs and HID headlights but I don't want two different shades of blue/white
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

One of my fogs went out, I found this thread and ordered a set of Led fogs. I followed the write up, thank you JeeP_MarK, and everything install very easily.

The lights are bright, they do light up the road infront of the jeep but do not have a distinct fog patter.

Light earlier in the thread, my lights stay illuminated but are very for about 30 to 45 sec after i turn them off

I also noticed that they illuminate but are not very bright when I unlock my jeep and the headlights turn on. Any thought on why this would happen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED fog.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	274858
Old 02-06-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure you need a resistor to correct that.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I too bought these and installed them, I loved the way they looked but to me I personally would not recommend, I changed back to my OEM bulbs just for comparison and the led's don't light up the road nearly as much as the OEM bulbs. Just my opinion but I feel like this was wasted money unless your just looking for the "look"

But to each their own.

Great information by the OP on installation tho, worked like a charm!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Nice flashlights....oh. I mean fog lights :P

Quick Reply: 2010 fog light upgrade to H16 LED with Pics