Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Ace Engineering Cargo Basket

Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nik81818
I just got the rampage cargo rack I love it
Could you do a fellow Jeeper a favor and measure how much space is left between the floor and the underside of this rack?

i think this one fixes some of the flaws in the Ace one...I'm just trying to make sure that my 45 quart yeti cooler will fit thank you.

matthew
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Could you do a fellow Jeeper a favor and measure how much space is left between the floor and the underside of this rack?

i think this one fixes some of the flaws in the Ace one...I'm just trying to make sure that my 45 quart yeti cooler will fit thank you.

matthew
Just measured it to 14.75"
Old 01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nik81818
Just measured it to 14.75"
Thank you! That was fast

Matthew
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Thank you! That was fast

Matthew
Damn

Yeti 45 quart is 15 1/2 tall

Just trying to better utilize my floor space and then a possible level of the quick to get to stuff, like recovery bag(s) and ARB air related gear

I rarely need to get into my tool/emergency mechanical band aid stuff and lots of replacement/fluids

Then I've got the new cooler which is neat, one of the best features is that you can strap it down and still be able to quickly and easily get stuff out.

Matthew
Old 01-04-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your only 3/4 of a inch away if you took the carper up wonder if it would fit. Or could you put washers under the bolts to raise the rack up. I don't know how the rack is designed you might not be able to.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Many hardware stores sell spacers in the section where they sell nuts and bolts

matthew
Old 01-05-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cdprockets
Your only 3/4 of a inch away if you took the carper up wonder if it would fit. Or could you put washers under the bolts to raise the rack up. I don't know how the rack is designed you might not be able to.

Yeah, I need to get more specifics on the rack, I've gotten pretty good at packing both for on trail, and for in transit...

having a second rigid flat surface would open up more options.

both of these shelves have real possibilities, I'm a huge Ace fan, and it really nagged at me to buy it at that holiday price, but it just seems so rigid and inflexible.

An Ace shelf with quick and easy mounting options would be nice.

matthew
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

ACE JK Unlimited Rear Cargo Basket Sneak Peak - Page 9 - Jeep Wrangler Forum

the bar closest to hardtop hatch goes inwards, not outwards now. more room for soft top.

see installs on page 7,8,9
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So, this has still not been resolved.
I have sent Ace multiple pictures and explanations. From what i can infer from the email communications, they did not try this with a factory soft top. Apparently they only have access to trek tops and hard tops.
My patience is starting to run out, i may just sell it and be done with it/them.
I ordered it in novembe, recieved it December 26th, emailed them the next day and now it is Jan 14th and i have not made much progress.
I feel like i paid to beta test a product :(
Old 01-17-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ace stepped up and is offering a refund and is shipping the product back to them at their cost.
Turns out everyone there is running trektops or hardtops and they never took a good look at factory soft tops.
It took awhile to resolve, but it was a busy time of the year, and communcation was good.( normally a 1 business day reply to e-mails )
Because of this i wont hesitate to do business with them again if another product meets my needs

Quick Reply: Ace Engineering Cargo Basket