Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

ACE rock rail splash guards / mud flaps

Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE rock rail splash guards / mud flaps

So I was sick and tired of sand, rocks, dirt and salt coming up the side of my Jeep mostly during the Winter and Spring months. The line of crap would go straight up from the bottom of the fender up my door at the door handle to the roof and everywhere beyond that. I wanted to come up with a solution that was easy to take on and off when I hit the trail. So finally after a few months of trial and error, I have completed the left and right side mold to make my custom splash guards/mud flaps that attach to the fender and form around the ACE rock rails. I use one plastic push pin to secure the flap to the inner fender and the rest snaps around the pipes of the ACE rail. I have to bend the thermoplastic sheet by hand around my mold to get it to take the shape I want. By hand means that both sides are probably not 100% perfect, but I do have to say I am a pretty "Type A" kind of guy!

If you are interested in a set give me a shout. I am playing with this in my basement and am in no way affiliated with any business. Just trying to pay for some more mods!

This is what was saved from the side of my JK in one trip to and from work 16 miles just after a snowstorm.

Last edited by maine07jk; 04-09-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where have you been all winter ... My door handle is constantly this massive pile of road gunky slush that I have to push to get into the Jeep every day. The tires sticking out probably don't help but it is what it is. This looks like it would save a bunch of that probably. What is all the light blue on the rails?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or...

1.get the Mopar mud guards (they work with the Ace Rock Sliders, I have them)
2. Profit

http://www. quadratec.com/products/12541_00_07.htm
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Where have you been all winter ... My door handle is constantly this massive pile of road gunky slush that I have to push to get into the Jeep every day. The tires sticking out probably don't help but it is what it is. This looks like it would save a bunch of that probably. What is all the light blue on the rails?
They saved a ton of crap on the side of my Jeep. The blue was just some painters tape I had on them when I was test fitting taking them on and off a million times.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by goaterguy
Or...

1.get the Mopar mud guards (they work with the Ace Rock Sliders, I have them)
2. Profit

http://www. quadratec.com/products/12541_00_07.htm
No offense, but I don't like the looks of them and they will get ripped off in a second on the trail. I made mine so they can be removed in a few seconds if you head off road. Plus I made them myself!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good idea I made some small rounded corner rectangles out of black plastic garden edging to cover the gap between the bottom of the flair and stock plastic side step. Just used stainless bolts and washers to attach. Side steps have been replaced but small flaps still working
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Tycho
Good idea I made some small rounded corner rectangles out of black plastic garden edging to cover the gap between the bottom of the flair and stock plastic side step. Just used stainless bolts and washers to attach. Side steps have been replaced but small flaps still working
Love DIY!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea! Another thing to put on the to-do list
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maine07jk
No offense, but I don't like the looks of them and they will get ripped off in a second on the trail. I made mine so they can be removed in a few seconds if you head off road. Plus I made them myself!
You would be surprised. I pounded mine on the trails of SC mountains, removed them from my 2010, traded the Jeep and now they are on my 2012 still getting a beating.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:57 AM
JK Super Freak

This is what makes us Jeepers all unique!!!

Quick Reply: ACE rock rail splash guards / mud flaps