Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Anti-Tailgating Device Rear Wiper Squirt Gun

Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good advice about being careful who you get. There are a lot of crazy people out their bottling up all their emotions, ready to let them out on you or the cashier at the store.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Hah! Good stuff... And I agree, think before doing stuff to people you really dont know...

Once, my collegue was coming to work in the morning rush hour...
Some guy in a car cut the car in front of him. They almost touched.
Then at the next red light, the guy exited his car and came to the car in front of my collegue's.
It was a lady peacefully driving to work.
The guy was screaming at her that she almost touched his car and that she was driving too close, etc...
He then went to his car's trunk, grabbed a baseball bat and started hitting her mirror.
2 big guys were crossing the street (at the red light) when this happened.
When the guy hit the car for the first time they came to him and asked what was the problem.
The guy tried to swing the bat to hit the big guy but he (the big guy) catched the bat in his hand, looked at the stupid driver and bang, punched him in the face.
The stupid driver almost felt to the ground but the second big guy catched him and put him in the car on the rear seat.
The two big guys entered the car and drove away.

I dont know what happened after.
Stress does not justify acting like a stupid f*ck.

10-4.

Jeeez they just kidnapped that guy in front of everyonee???
Old 03-18-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Yea it was Spring 2001. I remeber it now, no one really thinks about it anymore
Old 03-18-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

i use a rear flood light... i would like to wire a comparment to drop those 4 point spikey caltrops... but that would affect more than just the offending driver.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by freeswimmingfish
This is the truth. Be careful out there.
I had a situation where I was forced to cut a guy off to avoid an accedent, he ws pissed and at the next red light, he jumped out of his truck, came up to me in my Jeep screaming for me to get out and fight him! I told him I was not going to fight him over traffic, he then showed me the gun he had tucked in his pants!!!
Luckily, a cop was going in the opposite dir, saw the man standing there with fists up. He pulled over and questioned me and him. After I told him he had a gun, he checked for a CHL (which he had), the cop told me to leave, I dont know what the outcome was, but I am sooo glad I didnt get out of my Jeep, I probably would not be writing this now!!!
Please be careful out there, the roads are filled with crazies that WILL shoot you because you squirted water on their cars.
thats when you blast him... if someone gets that worked up over traffic... and carries a concealed weapon... he is a threat to society. I believe that would fall under the mentally incompetant portion and therefore disqualify him from owning
Old 03-18-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Am I wrong to want to flash someone with my rear lights? I'm just waiting for some jerk to tail me or have their brights on behind me.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neoxxis
I have red and blue HIL (High Intensity LED) strobes in the back. (all configurable... 4 blinks each side, blink together, blink one at a time, etc)
I never use it on-road, except when I see 2 Civic's racing on the highway when it's dark, passing people by the right lane, not using their flashers, and waving from lane to lane...
I just flash it for 2-3 seconds and you should see them jumping on the brakes!
I think that just the fact that they see red and blue flashes makes them brake.
And then they search for the police... And there is none!
Happened only once until now.
I could not stop smiling after they slammed the brakes!
Any pics of the setup?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

my two rear KC's work well for people running up my a$$
Old 03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had a caprice I had a car alarm horn hooked up to a horn button. A quick tap and it sounded just like a cop hitting the siren. Would get some attention real fast. I had the button on the floor up above the highbeam switch(remember those floor mounted high beams). If you get cought impersonating a cop its a big time no no..
Would make the kids drinking on the powerlines run,, usually leaving thier beer...
Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I keep a Surefire E2D in my pocket, a Surefire G2 in the glove, and just scooped up a Surefire L1 that will probably take up residence in the center console. (I'm a tactical toys geek, ok? I like my tac lights.)

Nothing says "EFF YOU" to someone driving like a douche and cutting you off like 65+ lumens of blinding force in the eyeballs once you get alongside them. I highly recommend it. =)

At this point, the other half is trained and starts going "OH! OH! OH! Can I Surefire them for that?!?!"

Priceless. =)

Quick Reply: Anti-Tailgating Device Rear Wiper Squirt Gun