Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Best Top Safari Bikini Top JK Unlimited Install

Old 06-22-2007, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With or without channels

I do put it up sometimes without the channels - that is definitely a quicker job. The prob is that I only put it up for rain, then there's the gap between the top of the door and top.... Hopefully it will stretch over time.

I will say hi to the beltway for you Jeep JK... say hello to So Cal for me. My old stomping ground. ;-)

Orange County is not LA, but I used to live in Mission Viejo - took my lifted Isuzu Trooper out to Occotillo Wells many times... what I miss most is Laguna. Used to stop by there many days on my way home from work.... enjoy it!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Off Topic : GerryC's half doors - wow!

GerryC,

Just got a look at those half doors of yours - that looks AWSOME!

Very cool! Did that come set up that way or did you add them? I'd like to know where they came from. Could be my next mod...

So moving from SoCal to DC probably didn't improve on the traffic situation, right? DC has much to offer that California lacks, mostly history and of course, the Blue Ridge Parkway!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default sorry to be slow...

Thanks!

It came with the 1/2 doors.

I was walking into the dealership to buy a slate blue(?) Sahara and there it was = an x with half doors - bright red - there on the showroom floor. It had just come in the night before and hadn't even been prepped.

They hadn't even put the sticker on it. I had to convince the dealer to sell it to me without a dealer premium markup - because of how cool it is they had already gotten calls from local dealerships with a premium attached.

Anyway, I got it.

Then the chip, lift, 35's etc. The capper so far was taking the family out wheeling for fathers day...

But, I have no idea where you can get a set of 1/2 doors - the dealership, maybe? I am going to go back to mine to buy a set of full doors and hardtop for the winter...

Quick Reply: Best Top Safari Bikini Top JK Unlimited Install