Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Blue Ox basplate install, Tow wiring ideas

Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For more info on flat towing the JK, go here http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/...2/m/3541098163
Old 06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happens when the brakes are applied in the RV and the Brake is applied it the car with the Cool Tech harness? I have had 2 other cars and they required diodes.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Jeep
What happens when the brakes are applied in the RV and the Brake is applied it the car with the Cool Tech harness? I have had 2 other cars and they required diodes.
You would see the brake lights come on with no conflicts.. Diodes are not necessary nor would I even consider using diodes. IF I opted not to go with the Cool Tech, LLC Inc. harness my next choice would be to add an extra bulb and socket to each tail lamp. I would go with the Cool Tech harness though! By the way, I think you are over complicating this thing. There are a bunch now using the Cool Tech harness and all are 100% happy with it. I've installed two and easy easy is the install for most anyone. Email or call the manufacturer (ask for Kendall) and he will answer your concerns. IF you were to have any install issues (doubt you would) you can be sure Kendall will work you through it. His product backing is tops ! I was one of the first with the harness offering and can tell you Kendall is there for you 110% !

Last edited by BILLARF; 06-12-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info I am going to try the Cool Tech harness. I just wanted to make sure that this will work. After installing the DC harness and it didn't work, I don't want to do it a third time. Now I just need to fix the 1 1/8 inch hole that I had to drill in the firewall for the DC harness.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The Jeep
Thanks for the info I am going to try the Cool Tech harness. I just wanted to make sure that this will work. After installing the DC harness and it didn't work, I don't want to do it a third time. Now I just need to fix the 1 1/8 inch hole that I had to drill in the firewall for the DC harness.
When you do the Cool Tech, LLC harness install do take the time to fish the cabling though the drivers side frame rail. Only takes a few minutes more to do versus just zip tying the cabling under the Jk.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Just an FYI...

I have not read every post here, but Mopar has a factory wiring harness for RV towing. It plugs in under the passenger side dash and routes throught the engine compartment to the grill, and even comes with the connector cord. Very easy install and works with factory lights with no issues at all.

www. mopar.com

The drawback is the cost is $140, but is is a clean factory install.

Quick Reply: Blue Ox basplate install, Tow wiring ideas