Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Cibie Euro-code headlamp install

Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.. Went out and found my Craftsman #15 torx and did the adjustments.. Funny there is a side indent on the grille that would lead you to think there would be a horizontal adjustment..
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captsam54
Thanks for the info.. Went out and found my Craftsman #15 torx and did the adjustments.. Funny there is a side indent on the grille that would lead you to think there would be a horizontal adjustment..
That's great, I'm glad you got it done. The other indent is for horizontal, but as duffman stated earlier that "option", and I use that term loosely, is for the Euro Jeep crowd.

Apparently some governing body thinks we Americans can only keep up with one set of adjustments on our lights, but allows us to talk on the phone and drive at the same time .......

I wonder if a set of adjusters could be fit.......

BTW, some of the salvages I frequent are starting to turn up a few JK's.....
I've been out scavaging parts for next to nothing
Old 07-10-2007, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by John L
That's great, I'm glad you got it done. The other indent is for horizontal, but as duffman stated earlier that "option", and I use that term loosely, is for the Euro Jeep crowd.

Apparently some governing body thinks we Americans can only keep up with one set of adjustments on our lights, but allows us to talk on the phone and drive at the same time .......

I wonder if a set of adjusters could be fit.......

BTW, some of the salvages I frequent are starting to turn up a few JK's.....
I've been out scavaging parts for next to nothing
John L.. Thanks for all.. It might be interesting to find out if those adjusters would fit so we could do the horizontals on our Cibie's..!! If you find some in your savaging.. it would be fun to find out..!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got my housings in yesterday (thanks Daniel) and 30 minutes later I had new lamps installed. I'm glad that I installed the harness last weekend. Before I popped in the new lamps I made some reference lines on the garage wall with tape from the stock lamps. New ones were very close, I don't have time to aim them properly until this weekend. When I left for work this morning (it is always dark when I go to work) I was very pleased with them.

And to top it off, I met a car in the neighborhood while driving to the main road. Now this is a rare occurance, as I leave for work around 4:10. Not only did I meet this car, it was a cop car. I though Oh s**t, here we go......but he didn't flash me or anything so I guess the aim was OK to him.

All in all, I strongly reccommend this upgrade, well worth it. I CAN SEE!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those of you who are considering HID lights . . . . .
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Anyone interested in a pair of Cibies check the for sale section

Edit:sold

Last edited by dsy; 08-12-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

x2

I bought my Wipac's a week after I bought my JK. Got 'em with wiring harness and all. UNBELIEVABLE improvement. No need for extra lights.

Daniel Stern is da man!

Last edited by JackMac4; 11-13-2008 at 05:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Cibie Euro-code headlamp install