Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

deep black shine for your plastic fenders and bumpers tip.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use tire foam from armor-all
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took a lesson from the Harley Crew that i work with. I use "Pig Spit". The stuff is magic for restoring black. I simply spray enough of it on my side steps and let it soak in, then I wipe it down. Will last for weeks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pig spit.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	153360  
Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been a long time user of Meguiar's but switched to Turtle Wax Ice. I have a black jeep and am thoroughly impressed with ICE. No white residue and a little goes a long way. You can use it on almost everything. Give it a try....you won't be disappointed. (Just don't use it on your soft top if you have one). Good luck.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dusmmdb
I took a lesson from the Harley Crew that i work with. I use "Pig Spit". The stuff is magic for restoring black. I simply spray enough of it on my side steps and let it soak in, then I wipe it down. Will last for weeks
Great stuff. I always used it on the engine bay and fender liners of my previous Mustang show car. Great longevity and doesn't attract and grab dust like many of the other options out there. For the plastics on the jeep, I use 303.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I detail cars, so I have some good knowledge on detailing and such. The best products to use aren't gonna be cheap, but they work great as well as last. One product is called Ultima trim and tire guard. UTTG will last around 3-4 months. A permanent solution is called C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. C4 usually lasts 2-3 years. Yes, YEARS! I currently use UTTG on my trim, but will eventually apply C4.

Hopefully I helped,
-J1nx
Old 07-02-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by J1nx93
I detail cars, so I have some good knowledge on detailing and such. The best products to use aren't gonna be cheap, but they work great as well as last. One product is called Ultima trim and tire guard. UTTG will last around 3-4 months. A permanent solution is called C4 Permanent Trim Restorer. C4 usually lasts 2-3 years. Yes, YEARS! I currently use UTTG on my trim, but will eventually apply C4.

Hopefully I helped,
-J1nx
Where to buy?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR

Where to buy?
Online only that I know of. UTTG from autogeek.net and the c4 from pakshak.com

Quick Reply: deep black shine for your plastic fenders and bumpers tip.