Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

Old 06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences

I am starting this thread so that there is a central location for all the little tricks, codes, and sequences to our JK's.

Im not talking about the "Secret Stash" places and the bottle openers (even though I use the bottle openers on a regular basis). But I'm talking about actual features that were built into the JK's computer.

So you get the idea, I'll start with ones I have found over the years....

Turn seatbelt chime OFF COMPLETELY!!!

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep.
4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

Turn ESP OFF COMPLETELY
1. Turn jeep on
2. Set to 4hi
3. Set parking brake
4. Make sure steering wheel is centered
5. Turn wheel to the right, 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, you may hear a chime at 5 seconds(and ESP OFF may show up on the speedo), but keep holding for 7 seconds!!!!
6. Turn wheel back to center then left 180 degrees, JEEP logo should be upside down at this point - hold ESP off button for 7 seconds, again, hold for 7 seconds!!!
7. Turn back to center, and hold ESP for 7 seconds.
8. Turn Jeep off

Autolock Doors At 15 MPH

1. Open the driver door, sit in the driver seat, and close the driver door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting the vehicle) and then back to OFF. Repeat this step three additional times (for a total of four key ON/OFF cycles).
3. Within 10 seconds of switching the ignition switch to the OFF position for the last time (at the end of the fourth cycle in the above step), press the driver interior door lock switch to LOCK.
4. A single chime will be heard to verify that the customer programmable toggle of the rolling door locks was successfully completed.
Steps 2 and 3 must be completed within 10 seconds.

NOTE: When toggling the rolling door locks (customer programmable), the toggle that happens will be from the last state of the rolling door locks. If the rolling door locks were enabled, after the toggle process, they will now be disabled and vice versa. There is no telltale to inform you of which state the rolling door locks are in.

So this is what I'm looking for... As I find more Ill add them, but please feel free to add ones you know. Im looking for the "turn stereo off with ignition" on specifically when i have my doors off.

Jared

Last edited by Dezertjeepin; 06-23-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dezertjeepin

Im looking for the "turn stereo off with ignition" on specifically when i have my doors off.

Jared
on my 2011 to do this you just turn the key on ignition and then there is a user setting on the steering wheel that will show up where the Odometer is that will toggle personal settings to adjust this.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Change Oil Boogie"

"Change Oil Boogie"

Do this to tur off the "Change Oil" message that scrolls across your OD

1. Turn the key to the Run position
2. Press the gas pedal 3 times (pressing all the way to the floor within 4 seconds)
3. Turn the key to the Off position.
The following users liked this post:
2014Rubigirltn (01-22-2019)
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

I am starting this thread so that there is a central location for all the little tricks, codes, and sequences to our JK's.

Im not talking about the "Secret Stash" places and and bottle openers (even though I use the bottle openers on a regular basis). But I'm talking about actual features that were built into the JK's computer.

So you get the idea, I'll start with ones I have found over the years....

Turn seatbelt chime OFF COMPLETELY!!!

1. turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle your seat belt while sitting in the drivers seat.
2. turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off.
3. unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with theseat belt buckled. then start the jeep.
4. turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

Next time you start the jeep, you’ll hear the initial fasten seat belt chimes, but the continuous chiming reminder will be turned off. the light in the dash will remain on, though.

Jared
Thanks - just the info I needed!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Programing a new key

To program a new key yourself you need BOTH keys. So do this BEFORE you loose your one of them or else you will have to face the wrath of the dealership (and nobody wants that!).

This can be done with both types of keys (regular and FOB keys). Even if you have FOB keys you can get a cheap regular key for the third just so you would still have that second key after loosing one (so I've read anyway, I havent lost any of my keys permanently yet).

This is how you do it
1. Cut the additional Sentry Key Transponder blank(s) to match the ignition switch lock cylinder key code.

2. Insert the first valid key into the ignition switch. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position for at least 3 seconds, but no longer than 15-seconds. Then, turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” position and remove the first key.

3. Insert the second valid key into the ignition switch. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position within 15 seconds. After ten seconds, a chime will sound. In addition, the Vehicle Security Alarm Indicator Light will begin to flash. Turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” position and remove the second key.

4. Insert a blank Sentry Key into the ignition switch. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON” position within 60 seconds. After 10 seconds, a single chime will sound. In addition, the Vehicle Security Alarm Indicator Light will stop flashing. To indicate that programming is complete, the indicator light will turn on again for 3 seconds and then turn off".

5. Start your car. If it stays running for more than 10/15 seconds then you've done your job. If it starts and stops, DO NOT KEEP TRYING TO START IT! It will lock you out for 24hrs after a certain amount of attempts. And all you can do is wait, or have it towed to a dealership to have it reset. If it doesn't work, try the process again.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

nice post, keep them coming guys!

Autolock Doors At 15 MPH

1. Open the driver door, sit in the driver seat, and close the driver door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting the vehicle) and then back to OFF. Repeat this step three additional times (for a total of four key ON/OFF cycles).
3. Within 10 seconds of switching the ignition switch to the OFF position for the last time (at the end of the fourth cycle in the above step), press the driver interior door lock switch to LOCK.
4. A single chime will be heard to verify that the customer programmable toggle of the rolling door locks was successfully completed.
Steps 2 and 3 must be completed within 10 seconds.

NOTE: When toggling the rolling door locks (customer programmable), the toggle that happens will be from the last state of the rolling door locks. If the rolling door locks were enabled, after the toggle process, they will now be disabled and vice versa. There is no telltale to inform you of which state the rolling door locks are in.

So this is what I'm looking for... As I find more Ill add them, but please feel free to add ones you know. Im looking for the "turn stereo off with ignition" on specifically when i have my doors off.
BTW, the above can be done with 2011's equipped with the connectivity group. using your steering wheel buttons and dash options, there's a personal settings menu that allows to adjust things like auto door lock, auto door unlock, approach lights, delayed lights, lock/unlock lights flash and horn honk, etc.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for the dumb question, does the seatbelt ding process work on the 2011's!?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swooper
Sorry for the dumb question, does the seatbelt ding process work on the 2011's!?
Yes. Although just the other day my chime returned so I have to do it again. It was off for several weeks. Something triggered it back on.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default That pesky Ding...

I just bought a new JK and finding a way to turn off that chime was on my to-do list.
I do some very slow speed idling around a fenced industrial complex where seat belts just aren't needed.
Thanks for the info.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default seatbelt chime off

Thanks for starting this thread. I turned my seat belt chime off today.

Quick Reply: Disable/Enable feature codes/sequences