Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Drake Off Road billet gas/brake pedal set install write-up

Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Drake Off Road billet gas/brake pedal set install write-up

Cruising around SEMA last November I came across plenty of vehicles with cool billet accessories like grab handles, shifter knobs, replacement caps, and door handles. My Jeep is at a point where I now just need some finishing touches to complete it. So I swooped a set of these Drake Off road billet pedals for my Jeep. They can be had from Quadratec for around $50....http://www.quadratec.com/products/12600_0113.htm

Here is what I started with...

First step is to remove the OEM rubber pad from the brake pedal. You simply grab the corner and start to pull until the pad comes off.

Once the rubber pad is removed, set the Drake pedal over what's left of the OEM pedal and mark for the 2 screw holes. I actually found it easy to keep the pedal in place and carefully drill into the pedal to start the holes and then remove the pedal cover to finish the holes off. You may also need to push the brake down so you can get better clearance for the drill. I also removed the lower plastic trim panel from the dash in order to gain better clearance for the gas pedal which I'll talk about later on.

Next, thread the 2 screws into the holes and use the included washer and lock nut from behind to bolt the pedal down. I used a small box end wrench and an allen wrench to tighten things down.

Next, lay the gas pedal over the existing pedal (nothing OEM is removed) and mark the 3 holes for the screws. Again, start the holes with the overlay in place but then remove it when you go to drill all the way through. Pushing the gas pedal all the way in will also help when drilling so you can get a little more room.

Once you have the 3 holes drilled, put the screws in and finish by tightening it all down with the included washer and lock nut.

Done!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! I've been consdering their a/c vent trim... May need to add these to the wish list too!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepnut67
Very nice! I've been consdering their a/c vent trim... May need to add these to the wish list too!
I got those installed too. Way easy!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

I'm not sure about the grab handle, but the rest looks awesome, crom is bad but that billet is looking sweet.

I so want to like the grab but it's just not happening for me.

Last edited by nikbass; 02-02-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I got those installed too. Way easy!

I was considering making an oh s**t grab bar like that out of metal, but then I considered how much it would hurt if the passenger bounced their head off of it. It's good for that custom look however!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sarbatche
I was considering making an oh s**t grab bar like that out of metal, but then I considered how much it would hurt if the passenger bounced their head off of it. It's good for that custom look however!
I totally get your point but everything that surrounds the passenger (and driver for that matter) is metal. Clunk your head on my Rock Hard cage and it'll hurt just as bad. Hell, I clunk my head on the cage every now and then just getting in and out of the Jeep!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where did you get the Drake Ebrake handle? I've seen em in pics and want the full set, but Quadratec only has the at shifter and 4wd shifter.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GNNR
Where did you get the Drake Ebrake handle? I've seen em in pics and want the full set, but Quadratec only has the at shifter and 4wd shifter.
Quadratec carries the ebrake handle cover, part # 12600.0117....http://www.quadratec.com/products/12600_0117.htm $34.99

Quick Reply: Drake Off Road billet gas/brake pedal set install write-up