Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Drilled the side view mirrors!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!

I had seen this thread earlier and thought it might be a minor issue at best.

Well, I washed the Jeep today and noticed the slow drip. I thought... "What the hell... I'll drill a small hole"

Damn if a SIZABLE amount of water didn't drain out!!!

Nice Mod!! Very worth doing.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Did mine today, along with removing all my cheesy stickers. looks real clean and drains like a race horse.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Well i just went out and drilled mine, 10:30pm out on the street drilling holes #3 and 4 into my Jeep ... the first 2 holes were to mout the licence plate frame, there were only 2 holes on the left side with a clip on the right ... 4 holes now (did that the 2nd day i had it) .
GOOD TIMES. ... easy mod and fun too.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ughhh, you people didn't hear? DC made them that way incase people get stranded without water. All they have to do is tap into the mirror and a stream of water comes out for them to drink.

I can't wait to get a JK and do my first ever mod....well at least on a jeep. I did remove a useless piece of plastic under the front bumper on my cousins Kia. LMAO
Old 03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

well, after installing a fulltraction ultimate lift, new bumper, winch, interior parts. AEM intake, and hell a couple more things

I decided I should have enough ability to drill out my mirrors.

I finally did this today... and keep wondering why i didnt do this 4 months ago...
Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Damn - I guess I will be doing this as one of my first mods! Sounds like a goodun.... I hate water marks after a good Jeep bath.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Got my SAHARA today It has 6 KM

First project i did is: drilling in the side mirror :toung:
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Junkie

So, I may be one of the biggest drilling procrastinators out there, as I went through the trouble of a CAI install, backseat removal, soft-top removal (from under hard-top) etc., etc., before I got around to the drilling... but FINALLY, the mirrors have been drilled! 5/32" (or was it 7/32"?) bit in a Dremel got 'er done - used whatever I could grab most easily that wasn't auger-sized.

My Jeep's covered in salt, sand, and some mud right now, and hasn't had a bath since the factory, so this mod will get to prove itself on the next nice day I pass by a carwash.

Thanks Rubimon - despite the recent "small mirrors on your vents" upskirt/doors-off mod , you're still the leading contender in the Jeep Academy's "Best Mod for those with NO budget category" voting...
Old 04-01-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I finally did it, too.

It seemed to add about 3 horsepower and get rid of the water drip...all at the same time.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll bet that this mod makes it to the next engineering improvement roundtable on Wrangler production. Mark my word, sometime in the near future, mirrors will come with a weep hole, or will be redesigned not to hold a gallon of water.

Currently on my way out to the garage to remove and drill my mirrors. Carry on.

Quick Reply: Drilled the side view mirrors!