Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Electronics Mount

Old 02-17-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey hooked unless this is you http://www.cooltechllc.com/servlet/Detail?no=12 you been ripped off.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Hooked

Well, guys. Do me a favor and use my template and make your own mount instead of buying one from cooltech. I posted this information for you guys to use. Not for a copy company to take and try and make a buck.

Oh well, I guess I don't mind cooltech making millions off my idea.

Hooked
Old 02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks.you saved me 20 bucks.plus i get the satisfaction of doing it my self.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Man that's the cleanest looking "homebrew" mount I've seen yet -- great job!

I have a mount on order from ProClip (www.proclipusa.com), but since it's brand new for the JK they don't have any pics of the application... we'll see what it looks like when it gets here, wouldn't be surprised if I wind up returning it and going this route.
I got the one from ProClip for my PDA, it is a great product, but I don't like it. I instead followed "Hoocked" advice and made that bracket out of brushed aluminum. I made it larger to also carry my Zune below the PDA in a Seido mount.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks hooked finally got around the finishing mine

Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Egmont
I got the one from ProClip for my PDA, it is a great product, but I don't like it.
Yeah, some time after I posted that, I took delivery of the ProClip mount -- I too am not too happy with it. I didn't see any pics before I ordered, and I was hoping for something a little more subtle that would strap to the side of the center console, or the center stack. Instead, it's a fairly large thing that sits on the top of the center stack above the radio. It would probably be okay if I used it constantly, but as it stands, I really just stick my Treo (w/ GPS) in there on long trips, and occasionally my iPod. Thinking of going with something more like this one in the end -- I know CoolTech has started making them for around $20... we'll see. Don't have any pics of the ProClip, but I'll try to snap some soon and I'll post under a separate thread.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Would any of you be willing to make me one? I will pay for it but I don't have the tools or know how as to how to make one of these or anything out of metal. And if you can I need it to hold an ipod if possible.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
Would any of you be willing to make me one? I will pay for it but I don't have the tools or know how as to how to make one of these or anything out of metal. And if you can I need it to hold an ipod if possible.
You can buy them here if he can't make one for you:

http://www.cooltechllc.com/servlet/Detail?no=12
Old 03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

I would rather buy from the original maker then the company stealing his idea. Thats some thing I would expect from Bill Gates. Also that mounting point looks very small and cheep. I want to be able to hold an Ipod and come June I want it to hold an Iphone instead.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your choice, if don't have any luck, let me know, I make you one. Unless you consider that stealing too, remember he put the spec's up there for us to use and if some one uses it to make money, more power to him.

Quick Reply: Electronics Mount