Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Homebrew Onboard air system

Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also learned it is best to route your air hose forward, in front of the fuse box, and then bring it down in the front fender panel and back along the frame. If you route it direct down through the engine bay as i have it in my first pic, the air hose just may fall on the exhaust manifold and burn through... i might have found this out first hand
Old 11-02-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coby Dick
I have also learned it is best to route your air hose forward, in front of the fuse box, and then bring it down in the front fender panel and back along the frame. If you route it direct down through the engine bay as i have it in my first pic, the air hose just may fall on the exhaust manifold and burn through... i might have found this out first hand
Old 11-02-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iv got the same compressor and was wondering if you had any trouble with the air connection on the compressor to connect the air hose to the tank?
IF Im not mistaken, this is the one he installed.
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...sor-66399.html
Thanks

Last edited by donnie; 11-02-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donnie
Iv got the same compressor and was wondering if you had any trouble with the air connection on the compressor to connect the air hose to the tank?
IF Im not mistaken, this is the one he installed.

Thanks
This is the compressor
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt...sor-66399.html

I had no problem installing it. I did take the handle off, and took of the supplied air hose on the compressors. I installed a air check valve right on the compressor, and then connected teh hose to the valve via a 3/8" barbed fitting with a hose clamp. No problems yet. I've had the tank charged to 105 PSI since Saturday.

Also, if this is the compressor you want to use, I also bypassed the built in switch in the compressor.

Quick Reply: Homebrew Onboard air system