Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Front Speaker Enclosure Modification

Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Pasoup, have you considered porting the soundbar?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CottonFire
Pasoup, have you considered porting the soundbar?
CottonFire,
Yes I will probably port the soundbar but only if I can disable the stock radio back channel bass reduction. In one of my posts to Vladmir I said I would replace the factory unit with another stock Chrysler unit that does not kill the back channel and I would port and Dynamat inside the enclosure to preserve the appearance of the Jeep
Old 11-11-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

The back channel is limited by the factory amp. Not the radio ;-)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

I just went and bought two pair yesterday at bestbuy, $37.99 a pair. The salesman said they were not able to get them anymore. I bought the last two pair they had in the Prattville, Montgomery area.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine just came in from Ebay yesterday Just have to get some 2" pvc as I have a bunch of the poly fill and sound deadening mat at home and I can give it a whirl
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Mine just came in from Ebay yesterday Just have to get some 2" pvc as I have a bunch of the poly fill and sound deadening mat at home and I can give it a whirl
You go man. let us know how they turn out.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by poopworker09
You go man. let us know how they turn out.
So I did the porting/stuffing, & speakers. Overall it does sound a fair bit better I like it. Even the rear is a bit louder as well.

It has created a new set of problems though. With the "awesome" build quality of the JK dash I now have some annoying rattling coming from random parts of the dash when I was trying the speakers out on some songs that had a fair good base to them. So the next time I get some time to bring it inside to work on I'll have to track down the source and stick some sound deadening on key parts to keep down the vibrating . Other then that I think it turned out great.

Thanks for the suggestion and write up the speakers/enclosure Pasoup
Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
So I did the porting/stuffing, & speakers. Overall it does sound a fair bit better I like it. Even the rear is a bit louder as well.

It has created a new set of problems though. With the "awesome" build quality of the JK dash I now have some annoying rattling coming from random parts of the dash when I was trying the speakers out on some songs that had a fair good base to them. So the next time I get some time to bring it inside to work on I'll have to track down the source and stick some sound deadening on key parts to keep down the vibrating . Other then that I think it turned out great.

Thanks for the suggestion and write up the speakers/enclosure Pasoup
Vladimer,

I am glad you had good results. I was on the fence originally about posting my mod because when it comes to audio performance it can be really subjective. It sucks you are having the rattling problems but the good news it is not something you have to figure out while hitting every pothole you can find while driving. I would start with the glove box contents since that is adjacent to the passenger side enclosure.

Pasoup1
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

damn...is it that big of a deal if the box was tampered with im not tryin to be in no competitions, i just installed 6.5" speakers in the front but the magnet was so big didnt go in all the way so had to modify it like this.....Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	274267

Quick Reply: JK Front Speaker Enclosure Modification