Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Resources

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gavitron
I've got a quick question about the wiring/alarm in the '08 JK; is the factory alarm built-in to the ECM, or is there a module somewhere under the dash?

I'd really like to install a simple 12v siren like this:
http://www.surveillance-video.com/sa...hannelid=SHOPC

and have it sound instead of the horn when the factory alarm goes off. (but without replacing the horn, either.)

Has anyone tried this, or at least even seen an alarm module, or a wiring diagram of same?
To my knowledge that would not be possible. I THINK that is all handled through data (CAN BUS). I dont know of a separate circuit for the horn only controlled by the factory alarm. The horn is MUX at the steering column, at least it was on mine, so i doubt there is a hard wired external alarm already there for you to tap into. Obviously if you just relay it off the horn, it would work every time you honked the horn too.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by James76
To my knowledge that would not be possible. I THINK that is all handled through data (CAN BUS). I dont know of a separate circuit for the horn only controlled by the factory alarm. The horn is MUX at the steering column, at least it was on mine, so i doubt there is a hard wired external alarm already there for you to tap into. Obviously if you just relay it off the horn, it would work every time you honked the horn too.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I was holding out hope that somewhere, in the mess of MUX wiring, there was a signal designated "Alarm Out" that would go high on an alarm condition.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where is a good place to spilt in a kill switch ???

Could I just cut the starter wire and run it to a switch hidden in the jeep some where with extra wire????

I would like to hide a switch to kill the motor from someone from popping the the key hole and taking it...

Chad
Scottsdale AZ
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Well it technically doesnt have a starter wire per say. And splitting the MUX wire can cause trouble codes to pop up, so i dont reccomend doing that. You could find either an ignition wire at the engine, or the power fire to the fuel pump, possibly at the fuse block under the hood.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Alright i just wanna preemptively update this topic before it becomes a problem.

If your 2009/2010 jeep comes with a key like this

Do not follow the above diagrams!

These diagrams listed are for the gray headed and normal black fob keys that have the metal shaft like a normal key. (pre 2009 Chryslers)

Consult your bypass's instruction manuals if your key is the new Mercedes laser key!
Old 04-25-2009, 02:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by James76
Alright i just wanna preemptively update this topic before it becomes a problem.

If your 2009/2010 jeep comes with a key like this

Do not follow the above diagrams!

These diagrams listed are for the gray headed and normal black fob keys that have the metal shaft like a normal key. (pre 2009 Chryslers)

Consult your bypass's instruction manuals if your key is the new Mercedes laser key!
That key looks hot...

could we possibly convert our keys to something like this?

Quick Reply: JK Resources