Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

LOD Slider Mini-Writeup

Old 03-20-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadgummit
here are some pics, sorry for all of the road grime, it has been raining alot lately.

[/QUOTE]

First thanks for the write-up. I received my LOD sliders a few weeks ago. Started the job this weekend, and started with the drivers side first.
On the front bracket (driver side) there are three bolts holes, one on the bottom and two on the side. The lower side hole is used with a 4" bolt and nut. The top side hole is meant for the 1" 7/16 bolt. But it seemed so close to the other side hole, that I was going to skip it. Now looking back at this thread I see your photo of the same bracket, and it looks like you also skiped it. Did you ? And if you could do it again, would you still not drill and tap that top hole. Also any input from anyone else that has done the LOD slider install, what did you do with that top hole, the one right next to the 4" bolt.

Last edited by wmcvey; 03-20-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks dadgummit, got your reply on the other thread.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wmcvey
Thanks dadgummit, got your reply on the other thread.
Sorry about that. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to pm or e-mail me if I don't respond quickly.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh now cut that out! I cant get mine installed yet you are all making me jealous.

Quick Reply: LOD Slider Mini-Writeup