Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Mag light mount

Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag light mount

Not really a write up more of a show and tell. I'm not sure if this has been done before. I didn't want to mount the mag light next to the seat I thought it would be inaccessible when the door was closed and easy to grab when the doors are off. I decided to mount it in front of the dome light instead. I know it's not fool proof but at least it's a little more out of sight than the doorway. I'd have to get rear ended pretty hard to knock it loose too, it's pretty sturdy. What do you guys think? Sorry for the crappy pictures, it's a "blizzard" here in MA.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-799077086.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	520692   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1378180706.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	520693  
Old 01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. I've got mine in a Rugged Ridge (or Smittybilt - can't remember which) velcro/elastic mount on my rollbar, but I've never liked the fact that it was so vulnerable to anyone who just happened to wander by with the top down. I might try this.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have done the seat frame mount, and having seen this, I think I'll be mounting my spare mag light here. It currently just floats on the floor next to my passenger seat.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like the same type mounts we have for our ambulances' I may have a few of these laying around the station. Great post!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

That was one of the first things I did when I picked up my JKU in April & for the same reasons. Seat mount was just asking to be stolen with the doors off. I've hit some pretty good bumps & quick stops & anything shy of a collision & I'm pretty sure it'll stay in place... I'm not willing to test that theory out though.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

I agree putting it on the seat frame was abit too visible/tempting without doors...my solution was to put it on the inside of the seat frame. You wouldn't know its there unless you really look or feel for it.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just mounted mine to the seat frame using existing bolts. Like the location. May move to inside of the frame as suggested above in the spring when the doors come off.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-05-2014, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by patjoedav19
Not really a write up more of a show and tell. I'm not sure if this has been done before. I didn't want to mount the mag light next to the seat I thought it would be inaccessible when the door was closed and easy to grab when the doors are off. I decided to mount it in front of the dome light instead. I know it's not fool proof but at least it's a little more out of sight than the doorway. I'd have to get rear ended pretty hard to knock it loose too, it's pretty sturdy. What do you guys think? Sorry for the crappy pictures, it's a "blizzard" here in MA.
What kind of clips/mounts are those? Any idea where I can buy them? Thanks!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

I have my maglite mounted to the chair, but only run half canvas doors in the summer to keep it out of sight. Does this overhead mounting interfere with the hardtop at all?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DangerCart
What kind of clips/mounts are those? Any idea where I can buy them? Thanks!
yes they are mag light mounts that can be purchased at ace hardware, less than 10 bucks

Quick Reply: Mag light mount