Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Maglight/Flashlight Holder

Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surefire mounted to drivers side Roll Bar with a simple velcro strip, that thing with 2 green buttons is my garage opener. Sorry for shitty pic, but was taken with phone...

Last edited by Voodoo; 03-25-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I like this idea. Right now I have a commercial holder Velcroed to the roll bar, but the elastic material is not going to last very long. I don't recommend those types. However, mounting it to the door will mean that I don't have the holders when the doors are off. And I'd like to have the flashlight close at hand, so don't care for the tailgate option. So, I think I'll take a look at that seat support bracket. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

These all look and sound like great options. Seems like there is an appropriate location for numerous needs and likes. Keep the great ideas comming.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joey_Nantucket
Yes, I still use my truck club to prevent theft of the airbag and when I have the top off.
Attachment 4846
Just wait unitl you come back to your Jeep to find the airbag gone and the Club locked back in its place. They did a similar thing to a customer of mine (years ago) that we were putting an alarm in for. His car was stolen and when the police found it, they called him and asked him to bring a key because the Club was locked back on the wheel. Thieves are comedians !!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Splash
Why do you need quick access to your handgun while driving?
In case you need to shoot someone/something....
Old 12-14-2007, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Splash
Why do you need quick access to your handgun while driving?
You OBVIOUSLY don't live in California, or Arizona.

Keep honking I'm reloading!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fubeka
1-I too like the tailgate one, it just looks neat. My only conerns (paranoid) is it becoming a rocket in an accident and distance from driver's seat
2-Like the idea of mounting to door or seat
3-Also, think it would be great if there was a similar type mount for my handgun that I could securely place in easy reach while driving
Just get a maglight mount for your handgun and it'll clip right in
Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

1-I too like the tailgate one, it just looks neat. My only conerns (paranoid) is it becoming a rocket in an accident and distance from driver's seat
In an accident, your rear seat will fold up and block the flashlight from hitting you in the head. That or it's latched in place and the seat still blocks the flashlight. Or you removed the rear seat and you get conked.

A hook-and-loop strap would probably secure this if you're worried.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can see it now:

A 2007 JK Wrangler driver miraculously survived a head on collision with a hummer. Only to be killed later when his flashlight (mounted with platic clips in the rear of the vehicle) impacted his cranium during the collision causing a subdural hematoma that led him to bleed to death internally. The Hummer driver was killed on impact as he was not wearing a seatbelt. His family later noted that the Hummer driver felt he "owned the road" and did not see a point in wearing a safety belt.

Or better yet:

A Hummer driver was killed when he was involved with a head on collision with a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The hummer driver initially survived the impact, but was killed milliseconds later when he was impaled by a large Mag Lite flashlight that was launched from the Jeep at a high rate of speed during the collision. Officers blame the accident on the hummer driver as later interviews with the family concluded that the Hummer driver felt he "owned the road". The Jeep owner walked away unscathed, and was heard muttering to himself something about missing the next JK trail outing.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

here is what im going to do, this one i feel is the best one!

http://www.4x4xplor.com/mag-light.html

Quick Reply: Maglight/Flashlight Holder