Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My grill mod thanks to the write-up forum! With credit and notes

Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My grill mod thanks to the write-up forum! With credit and notes

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I finished my grill mod a few weeks ago, but am just now getting around to uploading pictures, because I wanted to credit those that gave me the inspiration and information! To start off with, I got the inspiration from JeepFrog707's post, A Grill Mod...My Way. When I saw how awesome his turned out, I started doing some research. Instead of using Epoxy for the whole thing, I used wuzzer's write up Did the grill mod today - Home Depot part #s and write-up .

So to start out my amazing girlfriend and I, washed, sanded, and then washed my grill again, we then bedlined it, we used a spray can of Rustoleum Bedliner. Worked great!

Next we used loctite plastic to plastic epoxy (I do NOT recomend) to put on zip tie mounts. We used too many, and were definitely glad we did.

Next we formed them around the back of the grill. We kept the rounded side out, its a little thing that really helps with the look. In order to try and get the color as close as possible, we primed the gutter guard, then sprayed it with Duplicolor Color match Flame Red, then topped it with clear coat. Let them dry over night.

The next day we checked color, it is spot on for the color of the Jeep! I know it looks a little darker in the pic, but its an optical illusion in the pic, looks the same in person! We threaded the zip ties (had a problem here) and put them on! Came out great!

I have the Jeep emblem plastidipped red, I just need to pick up the tape to put it on, and I'll post another pic.

Notes: Don't sand to hard, I sanded into the black without even trying in a few spots. You might grab 2 cans of Rustoleum Bedliner, I used all of 1 can, and was pretty much done, but would have touched up a few spots, and had some left over if I had gotten 2 cans. I used Loctite Plastic to Plastic Epoxy to put the zip tie mounts on. Dont. So many of the mounts popped off I'm going to have to redo them. Not sure what I'm going to do to fix them.

All in all I love the way it came out, thanks guys! Cheers!

Quick Reply: My grill mod thanks to the write-up forum! With credit and notes