JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Write-Ups (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/)
-   -   My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-heated-seats-toasty-buns-16171/)

Kozmotoo 04-04-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by nukem1r (Post 1042934)
Are you able to just piggyback the mainpower wire of these to the cig lighter power? I have the kits coming just wanted to check. If not what wire do I clip onto. I'm a little apprehensive since I'm not sure of what's the can wiring and what's just a normal power wire.

It is all done with supplied connectors. There will be no cutting or splicing. Piece 'o cake.

Kozmotoo 04-04-2009 06:47 PM

Note for 4-door owners

If you have a 4 door Wrangler, you don't have to remove the seats or separate the seat back from the cushion to install heated seat elements. It isn't necessary, and by not doing that will cut the job time in half. I have no idea if this advice applies to a 2 door Wrangler.

Also, for any JK Wrangler, I recommend a siding removal tool to separate and reassemble the channels that are at the bottom of the seat back cover.

jwhite0410 07-27-2009 12:29 PM

wow very imopresed looks sweet

ScottW 09-16-2009 05:05 PM

Thought I'd revive this older thread since I just installed my heated seats kit. Great info on this site to get me started. I removed the seats to do my install and took my time with the wiring to make sure nothing would snag as the seats were moved back and forth.

Project turned out very nice and my wife is happy because she loves heated seats for the winter.

The kit I went with from sports imports ltd was the Peak universal 9x18. I didn't see a waterproof version which several here installed but that shouldn't be an issue. Total cost was about $160 which should be money well spent.

Thanks again to all who posted helpful information for this project.

WWJKD 09-21-2009 01:15 PM

Just in case...

...the idea occurs to you. The Mopar seat heaters do indeed need the potted (believe thats nearly correct term) part near where you make the power connection to the cigarette lighter. Yeah, what a goofball, last year I snipped that out and ran power directly from the "Heated Seat" fuse under the hood. :naw: Finally a year later I spliced it back in - how about that - they work so much better. :wink:

rinkishJK 09-22-2009 06:20 AM

did this mod last night.... WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! i have alot of heated seat exp due to workin at chrysler dealer and doing heated seat recalls on the grand cherokees. i put my switches to the right of the e brake handle. got mine from heatedseatkits. 100$ per seat.

absrio 09-23-2009 09:40 AM

I also just installed the heated seats. I used the Mopar kit for my 4 door. A lot easier than I was expecting. I did not take my seats out and the hardest part is and I am still messing with the drivers side is the counsule side plastic retainer. Just not very much room. I know they both work, but will test the driver side on the way to work tonight. Overall a easy and time intensive modification.

westchester 09-23-2009 09:44 AM

Has anyone fitted a Heated Seat panel kit underneath a seat cover, instead of under the actual seat material ?

I have the neoprane covers and figure its alot simpler to stick the heating elements under those - shouldn't melt 'em :thinking:

hvilla 09-23-2009 09:54 AM

Great install!!! Definitely looks stock!

ctyslkr 12-30-2009 10:46 AM

I bought a kit from Sports Imports similar to the kit the OP bought (the kit the OP bought is apparently not available anymore). However, the pads did not come pre-fitted with the double-side tape. The seller did provide some in the packaging but I don't know which side to install the tape on -- meaning I don't know which side of the pad should face down on the foam.

On one side of the pad you can pretty clearly see the honeycomb pattern of the carbon fiber element whereas the other side you only see cloth. I'm thinking the honeycomb carbon fiber side is the one that should be facing my butt and the cloth side is where I stick the double-sided tape and attach it to the foam.

Here's the URL (don't think they're a forum sponsor):
hxxp://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pecafidutewa.html

The instructional PDF just says to peel off the backing of the double-sided tape and stick it to the foam but like I said my kit didn't come with the tape pre-fitted. I've tried contacting their tech support but haven't received a response yet. Thanks for any help.